Diamond Back Singlespeeder.. Pic heavy...

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Been working on a few projects recently, but main focus has been on putting another singlespeeder together , (especially after the recent Macretro/thrunton meet) but due to work and family etc, and a major lack of time its took longer than wanted but finally its good to go.. :)

Based around a 1994 True Temper Diamond back Ascent frame, If I get on with it , plans are to remove all unused mounts etc, and respray ;)

The main plan on this project was to build it up with items that I had kicking around the workshop ,(so a bit of a mixed bag) that were not going to be used on upcoming projects..and mainly to clear space and keep costs down.. :)

Currently running a 39x18 setup, which I may need to alter ;) , but seems to be ok'ish, need to find time now to get out on the thing :roll: :LOL:

Have a look, let me know what ya think.. :)

P1030099.jpg

P1030098.jpg

P1030089.jpg

P1030072.jpg

P1030067.jpg

P1030057.jpg

P1030025.jpg

P1030062.jpg

P1030061.jpg

And finally full on :

P1030097.jpg

This was going to be the original build, but still toying with the idea of singlespeed before I start to upgrade.. ;)

P1030043.jpg

I was told that it was a Ascent ? not sure on the difference ?.. not being a DB man.. have you a pic of your Sorrento ? is there a difference in tubing etc.. ? :)

Looking good, really nice colour.Have you been out yet? You got a good tension with the half link.

:) Klaus, managed to get out today for an hour, :) feels ok, and tension is spot on, although I have noticed that the chain does seem to have slackened since the ride slightly :? I'll have to see if I can take another half link out.. the ride is surprisingly good for a cheap frame :) although I feel it is going to be too big, so the parts will be swapped over to another smaller nicer frame :)

The other thing is I am surprised with the brakes, being cantis I thought they would be pants, but I guess I must have them set up right as they feel as good as my V's :) really pleased with these... :)

Going to stick at it, as I think this will be the quickest way to build up a bit of strength :) and power... :)

Back