EBAY : DeRosa goodness

The first one is so nice would love one of those but not got that kind of cash.
The second one is good to but think it's a bit spensive , not as good as the one Slimjoe just got rid of but nice all the same.
Gotta get me another de rosa at some point had a King and a Ud in the past and both were excellent, build quality second to none.
Maybe soon.........(just don't tell the wife!)

The first one is way overpriced. It won't sell at that price. Colnagos in that price range don't sell either.

Both very nice indeed.

But hang on, the top one that's optimistically priced doesn't even have photos of the actual frame! If I decided to drop £1k+ on a NOS frame and forks (and with a modern Colnago Master at approximately £1k it's perhaps not so crazy), I'd certainly want to see the actual frame I was getting not Moreno Argentin's that is similar!

I don't know the tubeset but this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Moser-Special-ste ... 7C294%3A50 looks very sweet indeed, love the 'S' on the b/b shell

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ededwards":3lvbhdkh said:
Both very nice indeed.

But hang on, the top one that's optimistically priced doesn't even have photos of the actual frame! If I decided to drop £1k+ on a NOS frame and forks (and with a modern Colnago Master at approximately £1k it's perhaps not so crazy), I'd certainly want to see the actual frame I was getting not Moreno Argentin's that is similar!

I don't know the tubeset but this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Moser-Special-ste ... 7C294%3A50 looks very sweet indeed, love the 'S' on the b/b shell

Some ambiguous text with the auction there. I read it as the pics were of the frame whereas the complete bike was Argentins.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
John":3dueznds said:
Some ambiguous text with the auction there. I read it as the pics were of the frame whereas the complete bike was Argentins.

Ah yes, see what you mean.

Having looked again I'd have to question NOS though - I can see how other minor blemishes would be from storage but that area of missing paint on the inside of the non driveside chainstay definitely looks like the result of riding with the q/r not done up tightly enough so that the wheel pulls over and there goes the paint (I've done it enough that the signs are tell tale :oops: )

1st post here....

Been lurking for a while.

After your opinions on the Moser frame linked to above at £249, I'm looking to build up a classic frame and this seemss to be an ideal candidate. I'm just not sure if it's worth the money?

I've requested a viewing, anything I should be looking out for?

Thanks,

Simon.

Back