Nuke Proof Reactor - Update page 3.

I couldn't believe it. Jango and not a DBR :shock: Nice looking bike. I love the colour :cool:

those are strange and rare...probably cause they are strange.

cool bike, and even cooler that it works and you ride it :)

Thanks for the comments chaps :D

I'll attempt to answer the questions here:

It does have a familiar Nuke Proof 'look' as compared to Defiant's Ti Nuke, especially around the seat cluster, but this one is definately aluminium!

I was initially concerned about it's rarity and possible fragility/parts availability, garage queens aren't really my thing, but having played around with it a bit...........first off, it's aluminium and lots of it, the headtube measures in at 57mm at the top and 74mm at the bottom :shock: , the top-tube at 45mm dwarfs the 34.9mm seat-tube so as you can imagine frame rigidity is not an issue, no flex or speed wobbles on this thing......it just goes where I point it :cool: Fortunately it's not overly unforgiving at the rear end, solid but tolerable, I've ridden far worse!

The forks.....what would I find there? Thankfully it's all good, the shock is a standard easily replaceable Rock-Shox Coupe Deluxe coil over unit and all the pivots are cartridge roller bearings, no problem there either........the headset, despite it's enormity runs on cartridge bearings too so these should be available if needed but I'm guessing that due to it's size the bearings within are relatively lightly loaded compared to a standard headset, so should last a while! They ride about how I expected....a bit like an amp fork, there is very little 'fork bob' during out of the saddle bar-end efforts which is nice........however I'm still experimenting, i've found that the characteristics of the forks can be changed quite dramatically by inverting the top linkage mount (the threads on it are slightly offset) it varies from quite firm to very push by flipping the mount......somewhere in the middle by messing around with the spring preload I should find a happy medium!

The back end of the frame is relatively normal.....as a non-biking friend of mine said "it's as if they'd run out of ideas once they got past the front!" :LOL: .....no problem, the welding is uber-tidy and it works........fine by me :cool:

here's a couple more pics of the fork linkage......more to follow.

Attachments

• NP9.jpg
    NP9.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,846
  • NP10.jpg
    NP10.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 2,846
With the shock removed here's a couple of pics of the shock itself, the cathederal like inside of the head-tube and the shock mounting hole in the side of the head-tube. The shock mounting is actually a small piece cut and welded into each side of the steerer-tube.........the steerer itself is, from what I can make out, one piece from top to bottom, there is no star-fangled-nut to add preload.......the whole thing appears to be a press fit :shock:

Attachments

• NP7.jpg
    NP7.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,835
  • NP8.jpg
    NP8.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 2,835
  • NP12.jpg
    NP12.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,835
this is the shock that resides in that enormous head-tube.....

Attachments

• NP11.jpg
    NP11.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,834
A dose of radiation can cure the most stubbon of conditions even (OCDBRD) Obsessive Compulsive Diamond Back Racing Disorder by the looks of it :D

Back