FAT Chance wicked Finished pics on 1

perry":2t3pgfxx said:
the midday sun is harsh to take photos in...perhaps some early morning or early evening photos to see more detail

its scotland , take whatever sun you can get :LOL:

still not a fan of the forks and seeing the cranks now with the other parts im tempted to say leave them as is to match the black forks and assorted parts like the brakes . the white lettering although fading on the cranks ties into the frame/fork decals nicely too

if it were me id either be looking for forks to colour match to the frame and polish the cranks or leave as is

so thisl be the ssuk race bike for next year eh :p

your right about the Scottish sun but I'm gonna disagree with everything else :p though the cranks may at a later date be refinished at the moment they'll be polished up.

I have some other forks that I could fit but I really like the groovys so their staying too

and it'll be getting gears so won't be at SSUK10, maybe need to get myself another FAT for that ;)

Lovely lines on that bike :cool:

You have a good eye for proportion/aesthetic, if I may say.

Looking forward to seeing the build.

as I said before, Im with Perry on the forks.

The rest of it is looking good though. Dont break it.

The forks are really spoiling a lovely build...tell you what...I'll take them off your hands.....doing you a favour arn't I sugar.....alright. I'll bung ya a few quid as well.
Really nice fella

Cheers folks :D should give me the impetus to get it finished.

Harryburgundy":2jrwkqun said:
The forks are really spoiling a lovely build...tell you what...I'll take them off your hands.....doing you a favour arn't I sugar.....alright. I'll bung ya a few quid as well.
Really nice fella

Your all heart kid ;) :LOL:

i love it.

i would look for a salsa stem. wickeds were built w/ salsas on their catalogues. it would look a better fit than the ritchey.
also.. bar is too low. trust me on this: you will like the wicked much better if you take the bar a little higher.

the wicked is a great ride. mellow, comfortable but quick and precise at the same time.

purplewicked":2pc9bezu said:
i love it.

i would look for a salsa stem. wickeds were built w/ salsas on their catalogues. it would look a better fit than the ritchey.
also.. bar is too low. trust me on this: you will like the wicked much better if you take the bar a little higher.

the wicked is a great ride. mellow, comfortable but quick and precise at the same time.

the salsa moto that came with the late 80's wicked are hard to come by, so the ritchey looks good as an alternative given its narrow tubing. As for the height, if the length feels right to him, then he can accomplish that with a few spacers. The salsas tended to be shorter and higher, and if they were longer, it usually meant higher as well.

Back