Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holden's Bridgestone MB-Zip

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Elev12k's Serotta T-Max

• RichieB's 1986 Fisher Mt. Tam

• Total voters
Close call this month! That Serotta is such a great bike to see, always a silent player in my biking history.. But.. It has to be the Pace.. Looks awesome, is unique and with those forks would handle like a dream I bet..

Rock on Rich.. :cool:

Much as I love the Pace that Serotta is making me really moist.

I can't help being drawn to skinny steel.

Elev12k":2b2y1hay said:
The post is a USE. It is period correct and the red bits give a little twist to the black. I don't see what is wrong with it.
USE seatposts were a) affordable, b) light and c) anodised so were quite popular in the UK. Unfortunately the top clamp bars had a habit of snapping, I snapped 2 or 3 and I'm a skinny fecker. They brought out some heavier duty top clamps which are more durable but they still make me think twice about using them on a bike which will be ridden frequently. Maybe its just a case of seeing more broken because they were so popular?

Anyone going to own up to voting for my AlpineStar, curious to know your reasons more than anything as it's in illustrious company and has managed 3 votes !!! (ok edit that, I voted for it so it's only two people that owe an explanation)

Never say never (again!)

The global old MTB brotherhood's penchants, niches and divisions are never more clearly highlighted than with one of our good old BOTMs!

A fabulous rag tag and bobtail selection this month which only goes to show me that that the grass on the side of the fence I thought I was on ain't as green as the other guy's after all!

There's me thinking I just don't get the Gary Fisher personality marketing thing and happily transferring my disapproval to all bikes with the name and then this Mt. Tam comes up! My aesthetic buttons are all pressed on that one - I love it and I doff my cap to you, Mr Fisher!

Neil

PS. What's the global difference between 'vintage', 'old school' and 'retro'...? Sort that one out!!!!! :cool:

Fisher Mt Tam gets my vote. as I feel it would be a deserved winner.

Love the Serrota though. Its the one id most like to own.

Special award of my most stared at pic on retrobike this month goes to the pink Pace. f**king ace for loads of reasons

Back