Guess the Raleigh frame competition

terryhfs":flvz86ie said:
26.8 wouldn't be a normal seatpost size for 531c. It would be right for 531ATB but your frame is unlikely to be built from that :cool: More likely 501 I think.

Could it be another Scirocco, or a Pro Race? The Pro Race was I think white with garish bits but there's a black painted one here;

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ibike/pictures/ ... _large.JPG

your bike pic has a different seat collar - I have a Sirroco to compare it with and they are quite different.

Looking down the seat tube, it looks like 27.0 and has been squished over the years to fit a naff 26.8 post

frame weight is around 1.6kg

The forks have Gipemme dropouts

the more I see, the more I'm convinced its like the one I referred to in my first post ... the slotted BB shell, the diamond on the top of the bb shell, the welded-on plates top of seat stays and the gipiemme ends were there. I'm confident of the late 80's 531/653 mass produced series.

Personally it just looks like hi-ten rubbish not worth your time and money imo. Tell you what though as I like ya I'll take it off yer hands for £10 posted.... ;)

Tel":2rmdvagr said:
Personally it just looks like hi-ten rubbish not worth your time and money imo. Tell you what though as I like ya I'll take it off yer hands for £10 posted.... ;)

Cheese...

;)

Last pic - not keen on the black but its all I had. My get it powder coated white then add colour.

Note the offset rear brake cable and the roundy rear gear cable stop and pump mounts

Attachments

• Raleigh Wossname.jpg
    Raleigh Wossname.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 629
ex-pat scot":9w23wtcs said:
looks very similar to my Raleigh Record comp 501 from the late 80s. That's a great winter bike.

Records had ovalised tubing throught the 80's and were black, this was pearlescent white.

Back