BoTM July 2009 - Nominations now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I will throw in my 1994 Rafty Funnel Prototype:
DSCN3162sm.jpg

BoyBurning":2xae7zz1 said:
Actually, thinking about it more... it was actually a BOLX you sold and then later replaced wasn't it?

Ignore me...

So you're talking BOLX then? :p :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

OK folks...i'll throw this one in for this month.

first ride out this evening, was a real 'slow burner' build, reckon on 21 mths from the time i got the frame :shock:

anyhow it's a runner now, more a collectors punt than a rider :oops:

rumour squad only....could this be the very last one out of the doors ;)

DSCF5718.jpg

DSCF5706.jpg

DSCF5700.jpg

ti-fat-man":muy7qjhn said:
OK folks...i'll throw this one in for this month.

Nice.....could do with a countersunk stem bolt though....those nice Ti King one's don't work with Syncros top caps sadly.

agree completly, the bolt i have is square shouldered and doesn't fit with the bevelled floor to the top cap....looking for a bolt that has a shamfer at the neck of the bolt.
anyone know of such a bolt.....stock steel would be ok :D

I will throw my beloved 87 FAT CHANCE into the ring. One previous owner in LA, sparsely riden until I got my hands on it earlier this year and now my favourite weapon of choice. Completely stock factory spec and supplied new with no decals and black forks instead of the usual yellow.

3706472411_7ab927b29c_b.jpg

3409792134_f5abaa914e_b.jpg

Front mech has been replaced with correct M730 since these pics were taken before the eagle eyed amongst you spot the error :)

Brief spec- full XT M730 6 speed, Shimano 600 headset, salsa stem, FAT bars, Araya rims on XT hubs. Original saddle has been replaced for sake of preservation.

Cheers
Si

Dr S":1bwr7bve said:
Brief spec- full XT M730 6 speed, Shimano 600 headset, salsa stem, FAT bars, Araya rims on XT hubs. Original saddle has been replaced for sake of preservation.

Cheers
Si

Great looking fat; didn't it come with the XT headset and specialized rims/tires?

Cheers dude.
What you see is what it came with. The rear rim was replaced in the late 80's but with another identical Araya, both mechs were changed for some reason in the early 90's but have been replaced with the original M730's (cheers Ameybrook) and the original tyres were shot a long time ago. It should have specialized tyres which I am looking for but the Ritcheys will do for now as it gets a lot of use. The original owner also changed the pedals and chainrings when it was just a month old but luckily they turned up in his loft and have been refitted. Restoration was limited to refinishing the frame which had some bad scratches and the fork that had rust around the crown. None of the remaining original componants have been touched and it bears a few scuffs and scrapes here and there but its all part of its history. It still has the original bearings in the BB and even still has its original set of Shimano heavy duty brake cables.

I think out of all the bikes I have this one will be the life keeper. Its such a nice ride and great for all day epics. Its not flashy or bling and can be left outside the shops and doesn't attract attention even with fellow riders. A real timewarp bike from my favourite era and builder.

Cheers
Si

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back