CHECK THIS OUT!! Is this a Manitou Copy??

Enid_Puceflange

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Saw this earlier today near my pad

Is this some chinese copy of the Manitou FR ?

Had some nice bits on it , but its totally unloved

09072009108.jpg

09072009107.jpg

You think its worth trying to buy off the owner?? :LOL:

Gc

Ahhh! The Balance brand was from the US iIrc. Usual designed in the US but made in Taiwan things. Good for the money but not as good as the original. ;)

Fairly unusual in the UK so it may be worth a try, just to have something less well known.

No, no, no! Not worth saving! It's a pile of junk being used as a commuter as it should!

It was a licensed copy of the Manitou but a cheap copy!

pete_mcc":2etf5chx said:
No, no, no! Not worth saving! It's a pile of junk being used as a commuter as it should!

It was a licensed copy of the Manitou but a cheap copy!

...WORD - I'm afraid.. :(

it may be a cheap copy but I bet it will outlive the genuine frames (ccccraaaack! there goes another one...)

I think they used answer pro-forx parts rather than manitou parts IIRC. . .
The pro-forx was nothing remarkable, that faded from favour with mediocrity. Nothing bad, nothing remarkably good. Marin used manitou parts, without the same level of complexity on the rest of the frameworks CNC parts as a manitou, and was it Norco who also made a US licenced version??

I have to say I really like the look of Balance's paint jobs – the candy fade over polished aluminium :cool:

But those chunky mail-order style drop-outs just totally ruin the whole thing... :roll:

legrandefromage":2v3e8t6k said:
it may be a cheap copy but I bet it will outlive the genuine frames (ccccraaaack! there goes another one...)

Probably would, but then so would a Raleigh Activator or an Apollo 'oil rig' and I wouldn't want to own those pieces of shite either!

Also a practical point is the ride, rear pivot point gives a lot of pogo effect as you pedal. Recently JimiHendrix of the MacRetro clan propelled his Manatou around Glentress, half his energy just went into making the rear end flex up and down. The bikes look cool though, a lot of folk just stop and stare :D

Well..........

I popped a little letter of interest on it at 2am today ;)

should i see this throgh to fruition or just decline a deal on it?

What sort of money would this be worth? should I pop it on the "whats it worth " thread :roll:
(the wee note is still sitting where i left it, owners not looked yet)

Gc

Back