Zaskar project

S8-Tom":pv66hqif said:
The USE warning sticker had something like 'Warning! Don't overtighten bolts. Tightening torque 7NM' (had the equivalent in imperial but can't remember)

Thats good enough for me thanks :cool:

Couple of pics with stickers on. NOS '98 stickers.
Zaskar002.jpg
Zaskar001.jpg

Added some Ti bolts to the bottle cage mount holes (from an FSA stem). Also got a NOS X-Lite Ti seat binder on there which you probably can't see.
Just ordered modern parts to complete the build. LX bits with XTR V's. Just looking for a stem now I think.

Never did update with a full build pick, too busy riding it!

It's a bit dirty now and has had some Marzocchi Z1's fitted (thanks big.eck). Z1's serviced with new bush's and seals.

P1000505.jpg

re:

nice bits and kits but didn't really make it as a team. I'm riding an avalanche le with the same issue. it looks ok, and handles very well but gt's should have one group, one colour and everything matched to look ace. mine doesn't and this doesn't either. Hard to put the finger on what's wrong. The frame is gorgeous!

Long established Retrobike rule.....one must polish their own frames and parts using prescribed solvents and elbow grease only. This is a bike forum we don't want to see what your local body shop can do with a 9" polished pad at 5000rpms. Isn't anything sacred anymore. ;)

Long established Retrobike rule.....one must polish their own frames and parts using prescribed solvents and elbow grease only. This is a bike forum we don't want to see what your local body shop can do with a 9" polished pad at 5000rpms. Isn't anything sacred anymore. ;)

hi

have new gt hardware for that frame should you need.. der hanger/seatbolt/canti studs
reg

Back