Kona Hei Hei

Gday,

Thought I might post an update on the Hei Hei.

It was always destined to be a spare bike/full time commute, hence over the last 10 months its seen various builds - from full on slicks, to modern fox forks with small block 8s.

After 10,000+ km, the only problem I've had is with the hope ti-glide hub, a spacer was missing inside the hub, which was kinda irritating, we were on a road trip (and its tough to get spares like that in Oz) so a piece of garden hose did the trick - 8 months later its still in there.

And 10,000+ km without a clean looks like this... mud is kinda rare here.....

Cheers
Martin

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_2727.JPG
    Copy of IMG_2727.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 1,477
Holy cr*p.

That is stunning. Looks like the ti version of my gunmmetal grey 1999 853 Explosif. Same decals.

It is a lovely bike, and suited to anything (modern & old parts)

I am fortuanate to own a Hei Hei as well and I don't think I'd ever part with it as it's timeless

Very nice - I think I saw your Pace locked up on Lonsdale St a while back - can't be many of those in Canberra.

Interested to know how you wangled shipping - I was tempted by a Dean Colonel frame that was on eBay over in the US a few weeks back, but it was going to be about $300 to get it out here!

Might have been my Pace but I doubt it...
I've got an Rc200 and a Rc300 hanging up in my garage, both with cracked frames - (since about 2 years ago..) and my Rc100 is mothballed in the UK!

Shipping was wangled on Hei Hei, by a very helpful seller who bent over backwards to get around USPS. The frame was packed into a box that looked like a stealth bomber - all faceted to try and get the dimensions down.
To be honest It's the last time I'd buy a frame from the US, as surface shipping isn't an option these days on USPS (which used to be less than half the cost of air, and took about 4 weeks) its too hard and expensive.

Its almost as cheap to fly over there as the shipping these days, and its getting cheaper....

Happy Trails.

All

Does anyone know where I can get a good durable set of decals for the Hei Hei?

The set that has been on the bike for a couple years (sourced from RB) are now very very shabby - the print has pretty much disappeared off the top tube decal :-(

Cheers
RB

Back