Coke, Charlie or what ever you call that s**t Tour rider

A roadie getting pissed and snorting coke??? Whatever next...
Lol

Seriously, as a non drug user, I cant see the point. He shouldnt do it. But at least its not EPO or something taken to give him an unfair advantage in his sport...

he shouldnt be riding in the tdf though .

recreational drug or not , he should be banned . drugs are illegal , alcohol is not . he is giving more ammunitions to all the people who associate cycling with doping .

i think we should all reserve comments/judgement on this. he hasn't started to rock it up yet and isn't living on the street. coke does lead to crack and he seems to be a rockstar. maybe he didn't even snort anything?? could be he just went to some gay discos and people were just throwing it at him 'cause he is so dreamy and such a superstar, they made it rain cocaine??

Male professional cyclists? Having a Gay following??
Come come, sir, you must think we were born yesterday! :p

AND..........seeing as he's never tested positive for owt, love him or hate him, I'm giving Uncle Lance the benefit of the doubt.........ye couldnae fault his tactical nous yesterday!

recreational drug or not , he should be banned . drugs are illegal

So anyone who's broken any law should be banned following that logic - anyone who has been convicted of speeding, or shoplifting, or being drunk and disorderly?

It's not the business of the sporting authorities if someone breaks a law unrelated to their sport. They're not the police, they're a sporting body.

terryhfs":1xcebh8k said:
recreational drug or not , he should be banned . drugs are illegal

So anyone who's broken any law should be banned following that logic - anyone who has been convicted of speeding, or shoplifting, or being drunk and disorderly?

It's not the business of the sporting authorities if someone breaks a law unrelated to their sport. They're not the police, they're a sporting body.

he is a public figure and should know better .

cycling has a bad enough reputation , it doesnt need its superstars to take class A ( ? ) drug . he has been caught 3 times now I think .

So what? Coke isn't a banned drug from a cycling point of view, whats the problem? If he wants to use recreational drugs to have a good time after the pressure of a race thats up to him.

I like my 'public figures' to have a bit of a wild side, it shows they're human.

Russell":30kete7c said:
So what? Coke isn't a banned drug from a cycling point of view, whats the problem? If he wants to use recreational drugs to have a good time after the pressure of a race thats up to him.

I like my 'public figures' to have a bit of a wild side, it shows they're human.

As long as he isn't seen running up the walls in night clubs, (public role model and all that) I don't see the why the UCI should stick their oar in. It's like those downhillers who tested positive for cannabis. Hardly performance enhancing. As an aside what fantastic racing in the tour these past two days. I'm surprised the UCI have time to discuss this. Shouldn't they be coming up with some new rules just in case Obree gets back to his brilliant best?

Cycling needs to clean up its image .

Sport in general doesnt need druggies , whether drug is for performance or pleasure .

cchris2lou":2k2h8g3x said:
Cycling needs to clean up its image .

Sport in general doesnt need druggies , whether drug is for performance or pleasure .

100% correct. But it seems that times are changing and some of us are in the past. In this mans case. Is his life that boring that he needs to take this shit?? he is on top of his game. Can have what ever he wants. But chooses drugs :(
I think he is becoming an addict. Time to come back down to earth. And get real. it will kill him. There are people starving in the world. Dictators are torturing ordinary people. The gap between rich and poor is getting wider. The worlds wild life is being destroyed for greed & vanity. The industrial world wastes foods & the worlds resources. And what does he do?? Gets high. :twisted: WoW what a conscience. What a man. What an example to set. Isn't pro cycles a great sport with great people in it
:?

Back