Coke, Charlie or what ever you call that s**t Tour rider

tintin40":21xr6ner said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/cycling/8041462.stm

Glad your main input into the road forum is pointing out doping stories. Guess they never made a road going canoe?

Not justifying his actions but one might argue that Boonen used cocaine as a 'social' drug in the same way he (might have) used alcohol or nicotene. He's still an idiot but it's perhaps unfair and naive to liken his action to the systematic doping which occured in the Festina squad (and probably many others) in the 90s.

Anyhow I bet you'll be glad to know Boonen is riding. Discuss.

True he 'may' have been using as in the same way as other social drugs. But he knows he will be checked as a pro. As in all pro sport. So why risk it?? At that rate he will lose his job then no money, then most likely on the street. Or stay clean. Keep his well paid job, life style and enjoy life as a pro. I know which i'd choose

tintin40":21v0peo1 said:
True he 'may' have been using as in the same way as other social drugs. But he knows he will be checked as a pro. As in all pro sport. So why risk it?? At that rate he will lose his job then no money, then most likely on the street. Or stay clean. Keep his well paid job, life style and enjoy life as a pro. I know which i'd choose

100% agree. However he deserves the title of 'idiot' and not 'doper'.

i agree that is fairly idiotic and also agree it will detract from his performance, unless he takes it while riding. mind you he'd probably have a heart attack if he did that.

does seem like a silly thing to do as a professional sportsman. you would think they would look after their bodies more when they rely on them for income/sanity

Back