RETROBIKE'S BIG DIRTY WEEKENDER- THIS WEEKEND!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schedule of Events

SATURDAY 25th JULY

9:00 Campsite opens, parts jumble, meeting and greeting
10:30 Line up of bikes and concours judging
11:00 Rider Briefing and final fettle
11:15 Ride Depart- 22 mile ride. First 5 timed sections of the Repack Downhill Challenge
14:30 Lunch stop in Goathland
15:15 Second leg of ride with further 3 timed sections.
18:30 Arrive back at campsite, fire up the BBQ's and open a beer. Repack Challenge day one times posted. Line up of PACE bikes, more jumbling, haggling and bartering.
19:30 'Cock o The North' Trials event start.
20:30 Prize giving for competitions.
20:45 Beer, Music by DJ Andy B and banter into early hours with special guest TBC

SUNDAY 26TH JULY

9:00-10:00 Breakfast and Hangovers
10:30 Ride Depart- Dalby led by Gil_M. Further 6 timed sections
13:00 Tea and cake stop at Jingleby Farm
15:00 Back at campsite, Prize giving for Repack Challenge, Rider, Crash and Mechanical Woe of The Weekend, pack up and piss off home

All timings are aproximate and wildly optimistic and will be subject to change no doubt.

doobydoo":3givz33e said:
is anybody from scotland attending this shindig :D

There was talk of a MacRetro presence some time ago but I think they have bottled it. You could come down on your own and mix with the English- we don't bite ;)

MJN":3blfyb4d said:
So whos deffo going Si?
Time to name and shame all the slackers :shock:

At this moment in time we will have to use that old cliche "Quality over quantity" I'm afraid.
I'm hoping that RetroBikers all over the country are at this moment crafting breakfasts for their other halfs to be consumed in bed- "there you go my sweet, you have a nice lay in. BTW, did I mention The Big Dirty Weekender? Its an event not to be missed and all my friends will be there!"

It certainly needs more takers.

Dr S":28nsya36 said:
doobydoo":28nsya36 said:
is anybody from scotland attending this shindig :D
There was talk of a MacRetro presence some time ago but I think they have bottled it. You could come down on your own and mix with the English- we don't bite ;)
ha ha i do know loads of englanders including a load of yorkshire men,lol none of them riders tho,mostly no them thru the vw scene, was just wondering if any scotlanders were making the trip down,would still be coming on my own tho,its a bit of a jaunt tho when you dont know anybody ha ha

doobydoo, I made the jaunt to Mayhem last year, you will be made very welcome.

If I decide to go it will be very last minute, I'll let you know but it all depends on my work as that is a big deadline weekend.

The Ken":1s3029qe said:

If I decide to go it will be very last minute, I'll let you know but it all depends on my work as that is a big deadline weekend.

would love to see a MacRetro presence this year, always have good riding, craic and good fortune whilst around the clansmen.

Doob, don't worry about not knowing anyone, RetroBike Brethen are all the same, friendliest bunch on the web and within minutes you'll know you made the right choice. Just get yourself down!

Si

Dr S":21kn6ck1 said:
The Ken":21kn6ck1 said:

would love to see a MacRetro presence this year, always have good riding, craic and good fortune whilst around the clansmen.

Doob, don't worry about not knowing anyone, RetroBike Brethen are all the same, friendliest bunch on the web and within minutes you'll know you made the right choice. Just get yourself down!

Si
sounds good,and i love my bike :) and its been a long time since i gave it a decent ride :oops: think i will make the jaunt, is it cool for my van on campsite as i dont realy do tents anymore :LOL: is there leccy hook ups?see you boys soon,beer an smokes if you prefer in my van :p :p :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back