andy murray

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
i am nearly forty and value my level headed considerate approach to life........i am currently taking stick for the fact that,despite his comments over the football and a generally dislikable arrogance,not to mention a really naff hick american/scottish accent,i was over the moon to see andy murray slope off centre court the other day with his tail between his legs.........am i alone?.....discuss.....

during 2006 world cup he said he would support any team playing england.......keeping alive a 1000 year old braveheart style anti english thing.......the cock!....

Having lived in Scotland (cold, wet, high LRF count) Ive come across the whole 'youre english, we hate you, we love to see you lose' thing, so I can understand returning the favour when a Scot loses something.

But TBH I dont get involved - Its a bit petty to still be hung up on those differences from hundreds of years ago. Grudges like that are responsible for so much trouble in the world...

I dont like tennis anyway. Balls too small. :LOL:

i honestly don't give a monkies about any sport that involves balls but what i do find funny about the whole (boring) tennis thing is that the english (of which i am one) haven't got a potential winner so they adopt a scotsman and call him british thus convieniently glossing over the fact that he is scottish, and he seems happy with that despite his anti english comments during the world cup (another dull ball sport)

personaly i like the scottish as a people and the anti english comments i have heard, some in my presence when i have ventured up there i have found to be toungue in cheek like in wales, atleast i hope they are meant like that coz i've always had a good time in both places.

:D

I have never been an Andy Murray fan - he is a bit charmless - but I have been very impressed by the mental fortitude he has displayed the last fortnight and the way in which he has handled himself under quite ridiculous expectation. He is incredibly talented - does anyone else play quite like him? - but sadly he played far too passively yesterday when it really mattered. That said, nothing should be taken away from Andy Roddick who allied great effort with sound tactics and a solidity off the ground that he has rarely demonstrated before.

Andy Murray's nationality is totally, totally irrelevant and the football comment was merely an ill judged attempt at humour from a young lad. He was a bit naive/boorish as a teenager but which one of us would not have been the same when growing up in the spotlight?

I forgot he was only 22. Third in the world with many more years playing in him. I think he has a better all round game than Henman and as a result more chance of winning Wimbledon.
He's only Scottish when he's losing, when he's winning he's British :D

feetabix":1haagimq said:
during 2006 world cup he said he would support any team playing england.......keeping alive a 1000 year old braveheart style anti english thing.......the cock!....

We in Scotland all feel this way :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But not for long ;)

great thumbnail by the way.....cracks me up each time i see it!!
That is what i believe Kaiser actually looks like

Back