1999 Trek 8900 beater

chocolate brown!! like this you mean ??

messiah":3mcsoxcb said:
Ah memories!

The Blue and Gold/Yellow 8900 was the year before (199:cool: and I rode one before buying this one - stu_mcp will remember this as it was spanner-boys ;)

Due to my history of breaking OCLV's I didn't buy the first year and got the shop to speak to Trek UK before I bought this. I wanted to be sure Trek knew why I was concerned and that I would not be happy if it broke, they still agree'd to sell me it (was that you stu?). Their faith in the frame was well placed, it's had a hammering and I was amased to discover it weighs less than 3-1/2 lbs!!!

I loved that chocolate brown colour of the 970 but the geometry was very different on the steel frames - much shorter top tube, more like a Bonty which I could never get on with. The geometry on the 8900 is exactly the same as on the OCLV's I loved, but could not have :(

Stu, I don't think it's possible to bend a carbon seatpost???

Stu - do you remember refusing to sell me a Pace after that demo day up at Kirkhill :twisted:
:D

Attachments

• 04072009215.jpg
    04072009215.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 2,777
Iwasgoodonce":ihxvl45t said:
Funny isn't it? A combination of now having a bit of dosh (unlike BITD) and the evil bike gathering influences of this forum. I hadn't thought about getting any bike in ages, now I want a 19.5" Breezer (anyone got one?) and am thinking about a Trek 970 on Evil bay just because I saw this bike and thought Trek, yeah! It's all your fault!
carefull old chap......the old purple faithfull will get jealous.....especially if it is to lose its place in the living room!!!

Progress... brakes now fixed but the carbon seatpost was stuck and has now snapped in the frame.

Hacksaw time :roll:

Latest posts

Back