Glentress 9am & Innerleithen 11am ! September 12th Is G

Get that shonky drum braked bomber out there like a real man!!

Cats are easier to herd than retrobikers

true, you can use an air rifle on cats but need something much bigger for this bunch.

Si

Dr S":398xkceh said:
zigzag":398xkceh said:
Every 2nd Sunday's my best day: 12th, 26th July. 9th, 23rd August.

Although give me a couple of weeks notice, and I can probably free up a Saturday.

Ahem :D Big Dirty weekender on 25-26 July would be just fine then. We have to have at least one real MacRetro member in attendance!!
Gawd, that would be a proper introduction to the retro scene - Still haven't managed a MacRetro ride out yet, I feel my maiden voyage should be made on home turf.

Well, that and the fact I'm skint this month and I still need to get the bloody brakes done on my car means it's a no for me. And on a related note... Must. Also. Stop. Browsing. For Sale Forum.

Dr S":26cakelx said:
Get that shonky drum braked bomber out there like a real man!!

Si

Think you are right Si :)

For Inner Vello recommends suspension, gears and good brakes.

Shonky Bomber = no suspension, single speed, shite brakes.

Shonky Bomber it has to be :LOL:

Clunkers at Inners :shock: :cool: :LOL:

Provided I get around the Tress tomorrow on my Frankenbike SS rigid, I'll consider junking my cautious approach and Frankenbike inners as well as you'se two nutters :LOL:

Must source a fatter tyre for the front though, need some bounce :roll:

heh heh, madness

Yeah, proper Klunk meet at Inners! You other guys get looking on eBay for shonky specials.

Jimi- You ridin in jeans?

Mark, I have a coaster brake for you but I really think this is a bad idea :?

The guy behing the counter shuddered and grinned nervously as I presented the coaster hub from the parts bin, yours for on £1.50 complete with a 17T sprocket and a 22T sprocket alternative, 36 spoke holes. I'm not sure how easy replacing the axle with a longer one is going to be and with the amount of spacers needed the axle is going to be a weak point. No way I'd come down Inners with that as an anchor :shock:

Shonkiest thing I'd do to my Frankenbike would be to replace the V brakes with canti's.

Velo

Klunkers don't have brakes man. They have a braking system, but it's more like a gesture toward velocity reduction than any true level of functional proficiency. To put it another way, if you sold Klunker brakes you would have the Fookers at Trading Standards on your back.

Just let it roll baby.

Dr S":34slyjw1 said:
Have you got any pics of your Bomber Jimi??

Early days yet but here's a couple of pics anyway.

cuda3.jpg

cuda2.jpg

May give a nice paint job (maybe bronze and cream) and drop the "Shonky" title but i'm liking the distressed look :twisted:

I've cut off all the cable stops and rear bridge so committed to single speed and coaster brake now, spacing on the coaster hub may be a problem but there must be a solution (i hope :shock: ), going to use big Halo Combat rims and DMR Moto tyres, may go for higher rise Renthal bars than the ones that are on there at the moment, would like a canti on the front but will probably use a V brake unless i can find a suitable canti hanger.

Latest posts

Back