Retrobike on MTBR

Re: Clarity for clarity's sake

mrkawasaki":36j3e24u said:
Likewise - I found it funny that we Retrobikers are viewed by someone over their side as people who only build expensive garage queens (no-one like that here, surely... :oops: ) and that we were also to be recommended as people to shift their not-so wanted bikes to...! :shock:

That's the trouble with the printed word - difficult to reach for the irony if your not that way inclined!

Now that we are all forum-paranoid to the extent we dare not have some cross pond banter - and to be trebly sure: I WAS JOKING ABOUT THE 'FORUM WAR'... repeat... JOKING! :)

Neil

I picked the sarcasm out of your post. Funny stuff! :D

The vintage mtb community is a bit small to make enemies IMHO. Though light hearted trash talking is fun. :p ;)

F*ck me...this is a British site????

I'm outta here!

;) ;) ;)

American, self absorbed and totally too cool for you, seriously,

rody

My eyes!
Retrobike vs mtbnews.de classic last month
Retrobike vs mtbr vrc this month

Who will be next? Bring them on I say :twisted:

rumpfy":23roliil said:
The vintage mtb community is a bit small to make enemies IMHO. Though light hearted trash talking is fun. :p ;)

Well put old boy. Can't beat a bit of banter :D

John":n6x4b0aw said:
My eyes!

rumpfy":n6x4b0aw said:

Did you guys get into it with the news.de vintage guys? :D What about?

That's a well established forum. Really makes me wish I could read German, and the reason I pushed Francis/MTBR for the VRC forum.

rumpfy":3memti2f said:
John":3memti2f said:
My eyes!

rumpfy":3memti2f said:

That's a well established forum. Really makes me wish I could read German, and the reason I pushed Francis/MTBR for the VRC forum.

just run the page through altavista.com eric, seems to work most of the time :)
as someone whos been observing these aforementioned forums (& many others) for some time now, theres definately certain prefered trends to each. no bad thing. just noticeable :)

errrr... bikes,mud ,old, new, shiney, lust, erm..

it's just bloodypushbikesferchristsake....lets not get arsey bout it

would like to "tm" copyright etc that phrase btw(it's just bloodypushbikesferchristsake....)

rumpfy":137crmsy said:
John":137crmsy said:
My eyes!

rumpfy":137crmsy said:

Yeah, they started it ;) . Bit of banter regarding BOTM, more details here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... &start=120

Still, mtb-news classic is a good forum.

Back