Kona Lava Dome 1993

Couple of pics taken on a ride of my local loop this evening:-

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

Currently fitted with some WTB Velociraptor tyres and grips and have binned the crappy allen key QRs for some standard Shimano items.

Bob Jackson paint job is lasting well.

mossy

This Lava dome is one on the top builds I've seen on this forum. It is tasteful, sympathetic and just oozes cool. Whilst it is difficult getting top end NOS parts without breaking the bank, it is attainable by most Retrobike enthusiasts to build a bike like this. The skill is needed when you bring it all together as seen with this example.

It is the benchmark for all retro Kona builds in my opinion. So watch this space - the gauntlet has been thrown down. ;)

Excellent mate, U have done a cracking Job.
U have just inspired me to dig mine out of the spare room and do the same.
I have been thinking about it for years but have not found the time due to renovating my house, Working too hard, bent front wheel, women, drink n drugs, I could go on......
I bought mine brand new back in '93 for £750. My Old man beat the S**t out of me for it, but it was well worth it.
The last time i cycled it was well over 8 years ago, when i hit a tree, Bent my front wheel & broke my nose. So its not advisable to cycle back from the Pub.
Any info on where you got your Decals.
Thanks Mate.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 2,137
Yea mate, Have been in touch with him. Found out after posting the question. Should have looked first, eh??
Thanks anyway Bud.

Back