Right early attendance list:

Daj
Orange71 +1
Jerky +5
Grannygrinder
Jonnyboy666
Surfr
rc200ti

Yep planning on being there in force again, Need a cottage as women and Beagles come too which causes most problems as there is very little close by :?

So it could be possible that we will be somewhere close then trotting down for the day shame as would like to sample the after party :cry:

Red Kite Mtb Bash Aug 6th-9th 2009

If you guys enjoy the Real Ale Wobble you should give the Red KIte Mtb Bash a try !!.

This event is also based in LLanwrtyd Wells and is being organised this year by Muddybaks (in association with Green Events).

The emphasis on the event is "casual group riding" with a guided ride each day ranging from 15 to 35 miles, hopefully finishing with a pint (or two) in the pub and a few good laughs.

The route for the saturday ride (Aug 8th) will be a classic, taking-in the excellent single track through the Doethie Valley.

For further info visit http://www.muddybaks.com

rc200ti":1537j2az said:
A cautious maybe. An event that I always intended to do BITD but one that demanded double passouts (bike + beer). Now she's just glad to get rid of me :D
know that feeling :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: provisionally after Ed's big up for the event last weekend ,I'm in too.

This will be the 1 year aniversary of the first meeting of my little band of cycling buddies (christened "team Bikes 'n' Beers" after the wobble, and the fact pur multiple camping/riding trips since always involve a fine balance of both ingredients).

We are planning to hold a small team awards session for our various legendary events and ludicrous misshaps over the past 12 months.

When we arrived at the wobble there were just 3 of us after our 4th wheel claimed a mental breakdown and wimped out. All friends through work it was a bit of poor timing as the wednesday before the event, 3 of the 4 of us were made redundant, but the weekend lifted the spirits!

By the time the Wobble 09 comes around, we will have seen our little merry troup of mountain bikers take part in 6 organised weekends away with the tents and bikes. After taking in superb sights across the country and doing all sorts of damage to body and bikes over the last 12 months the wobble will feel like a home comming.

Just sent out the google calendar invites to the usual suspects and have had responses from all but 1 within a minute giving a resounding " yes we'll be there"

Even got one of my best mates and old riding buddy from my teen years in Leeds up for it, although I am going to have to build/lend him a bike first.

It's still months away, but i'm already uber excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back