Glentress 9am & Innerleithen 11am ! September 12th Is G

Could possibly do Thursday the 9th of August? :?

P20":4qtai4l7 said:
kaiser":4qtai4l7 said:
Could possibly do Thursday the 9th of August? :?
Which year are you talking about? This year the 9th is on sunday... :LOL: :LOL:

hold on a minute I've got me head in me arse...... right, I can do Sunday the 9th of August :LOL:

9th August would work for me. Speaking as a lazy b*stard, can we not start at sane-people-are-still-in-their-bed o'clock?

Also, I've heard horror stories about the climb - Is it likely to be a near death experience on the SS?

Saturdays- 22nd and 29th are good for me. Cannot do Sundays as its the family day

Dr.S, I did not buy the schwinn in the end and the home built clunker would probably snap so I'm definitely not man/insane enough. Your clunker is probably the only rigid safe to ride as your weight is so far back.

The climb is a b*$&*£d, not SSable unless your gearing is 1:1.Admittedly its not all up, the quarry is fun and the traverses through the woods with numerous rock step ups/downs are challenging.

I recommend a hardtail with at least 21 gears and good brakes such as V's and some fat gnarly tyres, if it rains some of the rocks could get slippy. Also if you wear body armour you should not be slagged off as wimps because the potential for broken bone is high :shock:

So far 9th August and late August seem potentials :D

My potential steed is my Alpinestars, just need some new chainrings.

Feel free to bring a modern steed if you'd prefer, retro is a mindset, the rider is the link to the past :D

This could be good !

I'm going to bring the Klunker if the dates are good. It has a worn cassette and only has 5 usable gears amongst the 15 it wears. I'm a sucker for punishment i guess.

Whats body armour?? it that like gardening gloves and full length jeans?

Si

Dr S":2j7tpa3d said:
I'm going to bring the Klunker if the dates are good. It has a worn cassette and only has 5 usable gears amongst the 15 it wears. I'm a sucker for punishment i guess.

Si

Full facial hair and bouffant mullet.

kaiser":2eick0wc said:
Dr S":2eick0wc said:

Si

Hmmm, if I start letting mine grow now, I might manage a 'Terry Nutkins with mange'. Acceptable?

zigzag":os6sb3ce said:
kaiser":os6sb3ce said:
Dr S":os6sb3ce said:

Si

Hmmm, if I start letting mine grow now, I might manage a 'Terry Nutkins with mange'. Acceptable?

100% acceptable, cooling cool and bouncy probably quite fast too. :LOL:

Back