• Holden's Bridgestone MB-Zip

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Elev12k's Serotta T-Max

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RichieB's 1986 Fisher Mt. Tam

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi Richie,

It has been added, but realize already 20 votes had been given at that point. Maybe part of another BOTM again.

I must say it is an awesome ride :cool:

Lovin the 86 mt tam but I'm afraid I had already made my mind up with the pink pace ;)

Elev12k":3kuabx61 said:
Spikes":3kuabx61 said:
Why don't you try to find a matching rear derailleur and shifters? They aren't very hard to find and will look stunning on that frame!

I know it would look stunning ...but I think with the carbon brake levers and rear mech it looks stunning already. With the current setup with the awesome ControlTech V's, the 9s mech it matches exactly the performance of a nowadays bike ...and also the black colour makes it look it could be in some manufacturers 2007 catalogue. Though about 95% of the bike is of the good, old stuff :cool:

Elev12K, if you fit decent saddle, seatpost & r.mech then your bike will get my vote :) ...maybe just saddle & seatpost ;)

Yeah, the saddle has to go. It is a newer Nisene Ti seat. It is a decent seat, but it doesn't give me the feel the older did. It even has a transparent section in the middle of the seat. It has to go in favour of something more svelte looking, a Flite preferably.

The post is a USE. It is period correct and the red bits give a little twist to the black. I don't see what is wrong with it.

To refer to Scant's seatpost comment again: The USE is on the Serotta, because both Serotta and USE were imported by a well know importer overhere, Vertex Cycle Systems.

It is the same for:
- Rock Shox
- Campagnolo
- Control Tech (stem)
- Syncros (BB)

In fact the bike looks more or less like a rolling display for their parts. That it actually was, sounds even more plausible by taking into account that the bike was located in the same town the importer was located, Zandvoort.

I voted for the MB-0 because it's one of my dream bikes! I was dumb enough not to say "YES!!!!!" when I was offered one for a reasonable price :cry:

And it's my size as well.

Holden - if you ever are going to sell that beauty......I'd be happy to carry that burden!

Back