Bontrager Race project *Finished*

Agency_Scum":3d74zu5i said:
Bonty decals brand new and any colour you like here, and they look this good...

112025519_3eab87b3fc_b.jpg

That looks spot on !! I've been looking at the frame this evening and noticed a little corrsion under the paint in a couple of areas so I think it is paint time.

What size is your frame BTW?

It was 21" ( XXL ). I sold it to retrobate who's a Bonty fetishist and retro UBERMEISTER. At 6'6" I was tired of looking like a giraffe on a bike so I bought one of these...

43fg42b.jpg

A 22" Karate Monkey

Just like a giant Bonty and to my scale!

However, I was soon overwhelmed with the grief of not being in the RETRO GANG until I bought this...

393463166_3ed137c1af_o.jpg

A 1988 26 and a half inch Longstaff built by George Longstaff himself!!

oooh - looks like a good find.... :)

cant wait to get mine...!

Interesting info on the decals, need to make sure I get the correct colour for the frame....

Cheers for the info on decals everyone. I made a couple of calls yesterday and decals are not a problem to source. I'm spoke to our painter yesterday who was showing me different colours. I'm in a dilema now, I've short listed either having the frame painted the orginal black or silver and there is a third slightly non OE colour of metalic black that i'm tempted by. Do I keep the beast pure or go for metalic black!! hmm.

this is the same dilemma I have - redo it original or custom...?

i personally love the black, and a metallic is close enough to original to look good but different enough to customise the bike to you....

I was looking at Corrado colours for mine.... :oops:

Thats quite ammusing. The paint that I could use for the Silver is actually the paint left over from painting a wing on a Corrado and the metalic black is also a VAG paint LOL.

LOL - Corrado Satin Silver! thats what mine will be - with Flash Red forks...

I cant have a Rado again quite yet, so am comprimising...

I've gone past the point of no return and dropped the frame at the shotblasters this morning which I'll get back on Wednesday ready for primer and paint later in the week. Barring rims, shifters and cranks i'm dangerously close to having all the bits I want to build it with.

Back