Voodoo Bizango

feetabix":etpezwzy said:
welcome friend......did you stand and salute as you took possesion of that mech?.....very patriotic!!! ;)

Hehe. Actually I bought those new some years ago. It's the Limited Edition "Betsy" der. and shifters. There was never a front matching der. to my knowledge. I've almost sold it several times but figured i'd put it on this American made beauty.

Help! My seat collar snapped yesterday! I overtightened it. Fortunately the post is almost stuck in the seat tube so I was able to ride out. Where can I get a new 27.0 seat collar???

re:

really nice! my steelframe is coming up next week! it was supposed to be shipped thursday but well next week it's supposed to come to daddy!

ritchey dropouts are the nicest! ultra racy look. really nice

I didn't spot your thread earlier. What a superb frame!

I think you're right that it's a 1995 frame. As far as the cable routing is concerned, by the 1996 model year, when V-brakes came on the market, the frames had a conventional V-stop on the top tube. They still had the two guides on the seat tube, one of which became redundant, except that some die-hards still stuck with cantis until Vs became universally accepted. And by 1998, they went to just the one guide, for the rear mech.

The purpose of the two hoop guides is just that - the upper one was a guide for the canti cable (that's all you need for cantis) and the lower one was for the rear mech. You don't really need any sheathing for it, although I'm sure it does no harm - but Voodoo brochures just show the cable going through the guide.

The solution you have adopted to convert the rear to Vs seems fine - it's a steel hoop after all, so no reason to suppose it might be worn away by the ferrule.

Although the post is a 27.0, the seat tube is a 28.6, so you may need a clamp for a 28.6. It's worth measuring the tube though, because I think it is a Tange Prestige Ultimate Superlight, which is quoted as a 28.6/29.3. That implies that it was externally butted at the top, so you may need a 30mm clamp. Anyway, I expect you'll make sure it's the same as the one you've snapped.

Updated Specs!

A few pictures of the final set up.

3676985331_1f2e7d5cba_b.jpg

3676986013_5ef82b2132.jpg
3677802084_490e32c58d.jpg

Frame: Voodoo Bizango

Fork: Judy SL with Speed Springs

Headset: Aheadset
Stem: Bontrager Race
Handlebar: Bontrager Race Lite
Grips: Oury

Brakes: XT V's
Brake Pads: XT V's
Brake Levers: XT

Shifters: Betsy Gripshift
Front Derailleur: XTR
Rear Derailleur: Sram Betsy ESP 9.0 sl
Cassette: Sram
Chain: Sram
Cranks: Sugino
Chainrings: Real, Sugino
Bottom Bracket: UN-72

Rims: Mavic 517 front, Ritchey Rock rear
Hubs: Paul front, LX rear
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Michelin Wildgripper

Saddle: Bontrager C-30
Seatpost: Bontrager/Titec
Seatpost Binder: Salsa

Weight: 24lbs

I love the old Voodoo, I wish I had bought one in the 90's.

If you are still looking for spring kits, you can get them here

Nice pix, I was going to ask how you get the pix to come out so nicely.

AtomicAtom":cni1c9gp said:
I really would like to get some proper internals for the Judy as it is one of the original mid 90's yelllow ones. Any ideas on where to get an aftermarket spring kit would be helpful.

I'm a photographer by trade and tend to super document my bikes.

Thanks everyone!

Back