ok folks, If there had to be JUST ONE...

if there was only one

Timker ?? seeing Jason McRoy storm downhill on a hardtail Salsa ala Carte when most others were riding full suss - taking the world on and beating most of them through sheer guts , determination and awesome bike handling ( without a proper "team" behind him and with no cash ) ........ Klein ? nah ...... doesn't even come close ....

Has to be my old 95 Zaskar LE that was stolen in 99. I know it was my bike but the 95 Zaskar was the last year before the big ovalised tubes. Before I bought it I was riding a Saracen Kili Racer, elevated chainstay (as seen on BPikeUK's threads) and we used to see a lot of Zaskars on the trails. They always looked so hardcore and well abused machines.

Unfortunately they then become a bit of a play bike, never really did get the jumping/freeride thing. Still couldn't give a definition of free riding. I think this has sullied the Zaskars reputation, but I'm going back to when the Zaskar was a hardcore trail bike. In my eyes you can't beat a full trail built early Zaskar. It evokes emotions of being at Uni and having the time to get out and go riding. I guess its the memories of the time that the early Zaskars evoke as much as the engineering. Having said that the big welds and undertube gusset made you feel the bike was unbreakable. The riding characteristics also made me feel on top of the world when I was on it. I just of for a daydream of those lost days

Back