NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

Uve got to keep an eye on that wrist Si - funny things wrists!

Got my results from an MRI scan on my bothersome left hip joint last week. Apparently I have a labral tear :shock: Could mean surgery so its get as much riding in as poss at the mo.

Managing to get a few trips along NCL1 near home on weekends so at least its riding but sort of misses that 'Oh my God' factor of haring downhill with dodgy brakes!

I've had a few Oh my God incidents on the roads but that was due to Sunday drivers either going too slow or turning without indicating. As if pre-empting dogs and sheep isn't bad enough, now the Purple rinse brigade as well!

Adds to the fun I suppose.

Going to try a few night rides next week. Just an hour around my local route (with a little digging and hacking back still to do), and if that goes OK I'll have a few hours around Thrunton. Need to get one of my sussers finished to take the sting out of things.

Next big NE&Yorks meet will be the Big Dirty Weekender next month. Hunt out those spares and turn them into cash guys!!

Si

Trying to get some of the fleet up and running whilst staying off the bike to let my wrist heal but as always it's one step forward......

Finished the Yo and took it for a gentle saunter around the park. Handling felt a little strange on the corners at the back end. Must be a little low on tyre pressure I thought so pressed on. Big mistake. Got to next corner and ping ping bang. Brake into rear wheel? WTF!! Rear wheel collapsed into itself, spokes hanging out all over the place :roll:

So that's another bike off the road then.

Anyone fancy a bash round Thrunton one night next week?? Steady away as my wrist is still fooked. Any night apart from Friday is good for me.

Si

Si

I'll be available next week for a bimble.

We'll see if we can find that wee pixie that took out your front wheel the last time :shock:

Not bothered about the takin it easy, that's the way I naturally ride :D

Rhys

Yes i'm in, which day next week?

Will you still talk to me if I bring my modern bike?

EDIT: Can only do Tues or Thurs, is that any good?

Shall we make it Thursday then??

I will be riding modern anyway james, wrist still too sore for full rigid retro :?

Back