LATEX TUBES!

kingroon":1u5isl11 said:
Can you still buy Latex tubes then? Wouldn't mind having a set..

Of course, I'll take a butyl with me on the ride to replace it when/if it flats rather than fanny around with patches :LOL:

some1 gave me some asda brand glueless patches on a ride recently & for the first time ever, glueless patches that actually work. just my recommendation for the day :)

I buy all my tubes in decathlon , £1.99 for a pair . cant go wrong really .

and they are not bad .

**ThreadExhumation**

Went into my LBS shop looking for V-brakes noodles, and spied this on the shelf.. Leighton [the LBS owner] takes delight in chastising me for my Retro Hunts and gave it me..

Now I have an authentic Green Valve Cap.. Rock on.. :cool:

Attachments

• verte_3.jpg
    verte_3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,282
  • verte_2.jpg
    verte_2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,282
  • verte_1.jpg
    verte_1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,282
cool :cool: always like the look of different colour plastic valve caps implying some fancy tubes - saw a touring bike (26" wheels) with yellow caps in this months Cycling Plus, am wondering what they are and where to get them!

kona kid":33qwo6yg said:
cool :cool: always like the look of different colour plastic valve caps implying some fancy tubes - saw a touring bike (26" wheels) with yellow caps in this months Cycling Plus, am wondering what they are and where to get them!

hutchinson have also done blue valve caps.

:LOL:

Kona Kid - you must be psycic!
These Air-Bs were like puncture magnets, and when they went, game over.

Couple of us tried them. Once.

I used Tioga superlights for years - good, 115g tubes. Can't find them anywhere now though, stopped being around a couple of years ago. Can't find any lightweight tubes now except the Contis at £7 a pop, and they are light!

I now just use standard specialized 'lightweight' butyl tubes, they're about 150g each pretty cheap (5 for £13 on wiggle at the mo) - although i did use my Air-B red caps on them for a bit until i lost them... :oops:

when my current set runout i'll be checking out scants multi-coloured recommendations! ta ;)

gump":a53z7fz0 said:
I used Tioga superlights for years - good, 115g tubes. Can't find them anywhere now though, stopped being around a couple of years ago. Can't find any lightweight tubes now except the Contis at £7 a pop, and they are light!

My LBS has Tiogas SuperLights too! Saw them on the shelf, must be two dozen of 'em! You want me to send you some?

Latest posts

Back