Bob Jackson - New Groupset?

[cant - quote] you butchered a beautifull classic 531 frame. Rolling Eyes
those bosses were there for cantibrakes. sorry but that was dumb. [cant - quote]

I like the idea of updating old bikes with more modern kit if desired, or changing the bosses etc to suit the current owner.
Its all about having fun isn't it?
I think one can have a passion for the history of an old frame with out having to be hide bound to restore it period correct.
Why not? It'll all be rust in the end.

ermsamermsam":257twlau said:
[cant - quote] you butchered a beautifull classic 531 frame. Rolling Eyes
those bosses were there for cantibrakes. sorry but that was dumb. [cant - quote]

I like the idea of updating old bikes with more modern kit if desired, or changing the bosses etc to suit the current owner.
Its all about having fun isn't it?
I think one can have a passion for the history of an old frame with out having to be hide bound to restore it period correct.
Why not? It'll all be rust in the end.

the brake bosses werent period correct, so we've let him off...

A bit of bad news...

...the original rear brake bridge isn't safe (my fault), so it's being replaced with a new one at the factory.

In a way, I'm pleased - the drop at the rear was very long, and the drop at the front was medium.

Now both brake drops will be the same, and there will be a greater choice of caliper to fit.

Going's one thing... but stopping's another. ;)

She's back from the factory....

...time for the final build.

Pics coming this week hopefully.

Phone pic to start off with...

DSC_0002.jpg

So.... whatcha think? :D :D

She's been built.

Need to find a stem that I like, so until then there's no tape going on the bars. I also need to put the 1mm spacers back on the chainrings too... and I need to find some headset spacers for a threaded headset.

Err apart from all of that, she's finished! :D :D

bjliv1.jpg

bjliv2.jpg

Ok some updates...

New saddle:
IMG_1392.jpg

New slimmer profile (thanks to the seat):
IMG_1402.jpg

A different perspective on the specialized bars that I fitted:
IMG_1405.jpg

Front (notice the 10mm headset spacer - temporary as it's black, grr):
IMG_1388.jpg

Rear:
IMG_1407.jpg

:D

Looks better than the original. Personally would of gone with classic/less aero wheels (i.e. open pros); not fond of rims with large colorful graphics but the red on them works in your favor here.

Latest posts

Back