Vicious Cycles Metal Guru

AtomicAtom

Retro Guru
I'm not sure how many people in the UK/Europe know about Vicious. They are made in New Paltz, NY (about an hour and a half drive north from NYC). They are some of the best currently made steel hardtails available imho. The Metal Guru is the 26" triple butted racing bike.

I found this on a classified site and thought it would have been snapped up immediately. There wasn't even any grease on the cassette. He said he rode it about 50 miles after building it up 3-4 years ago, then it sat in his house. There is only one tiny nick in the paint other wise this could easily be mistaken for a brand new bike, and it was even my size!

Ignore the mud in the photos, I went out and got it the day after I got this bike. Unfortnately it didn't come with it, I had to supply my own.

Frame: Vicious Cycles Metal Guru made from Ritchey Logic WCS by Dedacciai

Fork: 2004 Marzocchi Bomber MX Comp ETA

Headset: Can Creek C2
Stem: Thomson Elite
Handlebar: Race Face Air Alloy riser
Grips: Perdros

Brakes: Avid Single digit 7 v's
Brake Pads: Avid
Brake Levers: Avid

Shifters: Sram X.7 trigger
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur: Sram X.7
Cassette: Sram
Chain: Sram
Cranks: Race Face Evolve XC
Chainrings: Race Face Evolve
Pedals: Crank bros.

Wheels: Mavic Cross Roc UST tubeless
Tyres: GEAX

Saddle: Serfas Stinger Ti
Seatpost: Thomson

3672528860_b85889cc30_b.jpg

3671720649_a68117ce60_b.jpg

3671720031_8af46313ff_b.jpg

3672534686_db61efc75f_b.jpg
;)

nice but more importantly nice place :D

has a cool vibe like defiants house or harryburgandys wine shop :cool:

vicious

wow, thats really nice.
I have always liked these and this one looks spot on from the colour through the components. Lucky man, enjoy.

Jamie

Cool...more Vicious Cycles content, all you need now is a Thunderwing and I'll be triple jealous :LOL:

Metal Guru + Monolith + Thunderwing =
homer.jpg

dont know why i kept scrolling past this - its bloomin beautiful

Made a few small changes. Red Flite Ti and Kore Elite stem. I just got a Thomson layback today too, so that's going on tonight. Now it fits like a glove and is ready for action. Sorry if the red seat offends anyone, it's truly more comfortable than the Serfas BruiseMyThighs that came with it. The local shop has a NOS blue with kevlar corners that might match nicer, but until then. If anyone has a seat they want to trade I'd be willing. This one has a few scuffs here and there.

3678241329_1daca7c90e_b.jpg

Back