RETROBIKE'S BIG DIRTY WEEKENDER- THIS WEEKEND!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidewinder":38v8ey4w said:
Some of us have to make the most of these weekends to get away from nagging SOH's !!

suppose so. I'm still in the dog house for going to Le Mans this year. I'd promised to miss a year (yeah right!) and cheerily anounced I would be going just 5 hours before the off (to cut down on the grief). Longest 5 hours of my life I tell thee.

Getting an extra nights pass-out is very unlikely.

Entries are rolling in nicely. Get those forms filled out guys, T-shirt order needs to be in my middle of next week at the latest.

List of bikes is looking tasty too.... so far we have 10 PACE, 3 FAT Chance, Fuquay, Saracen, Klein, Orange, Raleigh Dyna Tech (BoTM), Dawes, Boulder, Scott, Schwinn, Cannondale and Ritchey.

A little more news to whet your whistle...

As well as Mark Sinnett's Trials comp 'Cock o the North' on the Saturday night we will be having a Concours D'elegance. Our judging team headed by Ed Orange will be looking at your bikes and voting for Best Pre 1995, Best Post 1995, Best Working Bike (for the users out there) as well as The Shonky Spoon Award for the worst turned out bike. There will also be a 'Peoples Choice' competition to decide the bike that takes the overall 'BDW09 Bike of the Year' Judging will take place on Saturday morning before they get filthy. The awards will be presented on Sunday after breakfast.

More titbits to follow

Si

Further update....

The Repack Downhill Challenge

Open to retro bikes only and with a handicap for bikes fitted with suspension. During the main rides on Saturday and Sunday there will be several short downhill sections timed to a tenth of a second. Times will be added together to find a winner after the two days. Riders will leave at 30 second intervals. Take it as seriously as you like, its just a bit of fun but we will be hassling someone for a prize to present to the winner.

I need two volunteers to take care of the timing. PM me if you are willing.

More news and updates to follow

Cheers
Si

A few pics of Saturday's route which has now been extended due to feedback. This gives us a chance to add in an extra pub stop in Goathland at mid distance and takes in an extra 7 miles of fine moorland singletrack.

3684125164_deb3fb28e1_o.jpg

3683314597_bd39d88ce9_o.jpg

3683314535_89d5da88fa_o.jpg

3684124970_ef16f88e3f_o.jpg

3683314377_4a31b1b693_o.jpg

3684124858_0be50170e1_o.jpg

3683314245_56ed9d593b_o.jpg

Countryside that looks as though it could flatten you at any point....it is what I miss most about living down south.

JeRkY":2hrio712 said:
Countryside that looks as though it could flatten you at any point....it is what I miss most about living down south.

Just been looking at the elevation profile for Saturday. I'm glad the last 4 miles are downhill thats for sure :p
Its a seriously nice route though, the secret sections through the woods a few miles in are better than anything you would find in a trail centre. The moorland sections are great too- so flowing and the views are incredible. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back