build finished..fat city slim chance new pics pg.2

Oh well done you.

Did you get the frame prepped for the chamfered BB lockring or did you just fit as is? Been wondering how usable the Mavic BB is with a non-prepped frame.....

And you found this stuff pretty fast. Still not sourced some stuff for my Alan after over 18 months of looking.....

Whoo, that is very nice. Is that grello? How does it ride? Be interested to compare how a tigged Us frame would ride in comparison to a traditional European lugged frame of a similar era.

Finally what size is it. Fairly sure it's more my size than yours :LOL:

dave, the bb was in the frame when i got it. i also managed to find a bike with a mavic group and a bunch of misc. parts from local shops. i was whining about not finding the parts i wanted, someone overheard and came through with it. what do you need to source for your alan frame? john, the frame rides well and is grello. it is unfortunately not as nice a ride as a lugged euro. it is on the heavier side of things, but if weight matters not, it is stiffer than lugged frames. the fork is also a thing of beauty and is fairly stiff as well.

juiceboxx":236bqwyo said:
what do you need to source for your alan frame?

25,0 Mavic Seatpost
32H Dakar or 531 Front Hub (36H last gen 501s on at the moment)
Pref. some shorter Starfish cranks (170s)

If I could find a threaded Alan Cross fork, I'd like to run Mavic headset, stem and bars, but chances of me finding one are pretty slim.

Don't want to prep the frame for Mavic BB so will stick with the Royce that's in there.

And maybe some Weinmann/Mafac cantis would be nice...... and Mavic brake levers (don't want to split a NOS set just for the levers)

thanks lawrence, i might not have been able to do this build if you had not been on standby for me. big ups ballard hood. david, i only have front and rear mechs, and a bb left over. i can probably source some sweet old school mafac cantis if you like. unfortunately i have never even seen an alan cross bike, let alone the fork. thanks again all for the compliments. it makes building projects more fun to have them criticized constructively. now go vote for the slim in the botm thread ;) cheers

Great build .

My lbs in france has some mavic pedals , will go and see him when i am in france in august .

Mavic parts are fairly common on ebay in france .

mavic road parts/fat city slim chance build pics

hello, thanks for the offer. the last bit needed. i also need a drop bar and stem, but those can wait. dbmtb has a stem i have been looking at but have been lazy and slow to buy for no reason. would like an nos selle italia turbo in white to make like the team issue. let me know more details when you find out. thank you kindly, jesse

mafac cantis

dbmtb":2m35y5y2 said:
And maybe some Weinmann/Mafac cantis would be nice...... and Mavic brake levers (don't want to split a NOS set just for the levers)

dbmtb, i came across some mafac cantis today. multiple sets. pm me if you are interested. cheers

Back