Klein Rascal (1993)

Hmm.

Maybe.

Swapped them for a set of M900 cantis.

If they're no good, then I screwed up really...!

Can't be any worse than the old DC 986 cantis I used to use though, and I felt safe enough on those...

Tallpaul":2ipqoe4n said:
Judging by your first post, the first thing you'll need for this ride (race?) is good brakes. ControlTech canti's are not good brakes.

Pretty? Yes.

Good? No.

I'd stick some bog standard Shimano type canti's on for the Big Dog.

I'd have to disagree, I found them pretty good. The spring/straddle I think gives a positive feel.IMO.

back to topic though, that is very nice a veritable candy shop build :cool:

I supplied he bars matey £13 if I remember right!!!

Really like the build love the random yellow flite and rear hub- I'd keep em

:cool:

Hmmm... funny how things turnout.... Never thought for one second that Mr Burning would get his s**t together, despite calling his bluff, but Brighton we now must go!

Not a Klein FB - but this is one I can share the love with. Loving the Cali patina'd paint - would be a crime to tamper with it. I'll leave you to fettle and tinker, although I'd prefer a grey Flite - white would be one concession too many for Brighton... ;-)

If you want to give it a shakedown run in Delamere, PM me for a date.

Mr K

PS. It's a long way to go for your first ride in a while, you contrary fellow...

Attachments

• Bluffers Guide.jpg
    Bluffers Guide.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 621
CTK":y8lp1tgv said:
I supplied he bars matey £13 if I remember right!!!

Aha!

The mystery solved!

£14.50 according to my PayPal accounts...!

Bloody good deal!

Cheers CT - will update the specs. page.

Mr. K - Delamere sounds great. I'll consult my Diary Secretary and get back to you see if we can't fix something up. I agree, BBD might be a very tall order for a first ride. In any case it'll need a shakedown run...!

Where is your Disk coming from? If it's not here in time your could borrow mine?

I'm liking that build too. Have you considered breaking out the caustic soda and polishing up the seatpost finished off with some new decals from Gil M to match the stem/bars?

stevet1":1h2lc3dn said:
I'm liking that build too. Have you considered breaking out the caustic soda and polishing up the seatpost finished off with some new decals from Gil M to match the stem/bars?

You've not read my list of what needs doing have you!

From first post:

"03• The post (an incredibly generous gift from Huntso, who I'll be buying a pint whenever I meet) needs to be stripped, polished silver, re-decalled in black."

Yes I have, and yes I will!

Cheers,
BB.

Latest posts

Back