1993 Saracen Sahara Elite

That is looking very good. I wouldn't fit those bombers though, they will be much longer than the std forks and may ruin the geometry and handling of the bike.

I wish i could find a '92 Tufftrax like the one I had, it was my first proper MTB before it was stolen :(

Well just to wrap this thread up, I thought I'd post a pic of the completed machine. In the last 16 years, I haven't changed anything on the bike apart from the cable wires, the chain and the rear tyre, so it isn't just the same as the factory would have fitted -- it is what the factory fitted! :shock:

3674352147_f2aaa47206_b.jpg

However, this is about to change. The elastomers in the front forks are pretty much beyond redemption, so I'm in the process of replacing the forks. The saddle's a bit tough on my botty, so I'm looking for something more comfortable and I'm entertaining the idea of getting a slightly shorter stem and some riser bars.

If I had another bike to modify, then I might keep this one's original 1993 spec. But this is my only bike, and I think that it's much more fitting to ride a working machine than to store it as a museum piece. ;)

Back