My First Road Bike

ChrisG

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is a bike I've picked up recently, is there anyone here that can shed some light on what it is and what the tubining might be?

Obviously it a steel frame, you can see its a bit rusty. But its really very light, there are some other steel racers hanging around at work (my boss is into the whole triathlon thing) which are much heavier in comparison. Its also got some nice lug details.

You can probably see its also very much a 'bitsa' with a mixture of suntour and shimano 105 parts which seem to be more modern than the frame?

Paul Milnes? is the sticker on the seat tube and on the head tube.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 896
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 896
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 896
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 896
Looks like a Holdsworth or an Elswick - could even be Reynolds 531, sort of early 80's late 70's

*****just read the Paul Milnes bit so surely will be 531 at least******

Seems like a nice bike! I like the detail of the two outer cable parts under the BB, never seen that before.

Paul Milnes is a bike shop in Bradford, still going and has a website

http://www.paulmilnescycles.com/

He may be able to help from the frame numbers under the bracket.

I'm not sure where he used to source his steel frames from but probably the continent. (Patrick Schills??) The scooped out seat stay tops look like an Italian design, lots of Italian builders used this design.

Nice bike, worth doing up and using.

frame

Nice starter. Paul Milnes used to have some nice MTB frames in the 80's and 90's. They were similar in geometry to Konas at the time and some of the first with slopey top tubes.

If thats what it is, theres a good chance its 531.

Nice lugs eh. A little bit different to the usual solid stuff.

That should be a lively little one that.

thanks guys for the input on this one.
I think its going take a bit of getting used to after riding around on old moutain bikes, it does seem very twitchy :shock:

hi lads nd gals newbie here lol i have a paul milnes with reynolds 531c frame realy nice bike also baught a eddy murckx its an old bike but dont think its original no frame number and has made in japan on a few parts and got the coppi lugaro aswell or nd the little old peugeot

Back