Identify cranks

Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Heya everyone...

Anyone know what cranks these are? Me thinks they would be Grafton Joy Stix, but I'm not sure.

grafton.jpg

I'm thinking of getting them redone in blue or black and mounting these on my KLEIN Rascal. In the KLEIN manual only Grafton Joy Stix are mentioned to work with a 121mm x 13 BB spindle.

Any ideas? Or does just about any Grafton crank work with a 121mm BB spindle?

Cheers and thanx for tha helpin'

Void(EN12-82)

scant":3v6ubfci said:
deffo grafton. look like the 1s firstflightbikes were selling?

Indeed they are... I am in doubt if either these or the good old XT M730 chainset would look nice on my KLEIN.

Only thing is: I wanna ride my KLEIN when it's finished (in about 2 years if it keeps going this way, been outbid on XT thumbies 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Everytime by about 56 cents or a euro!!). And from what I understand those Graftons tend to break sooner than the bomb-proof M730's???

yup, graftons crack. i've broken a set, i think jez is selling a semi broken pair as well. xt go on forever :)

scant":zqhtcpgx said:
yup, graftons crack. i've broken a set, i think jez is selling a semi broken pair as well. xt go on forever :)

So I guess I'd be better off using XT with my fat arse :-D (Well OK, just over 160lbs)...

i would check the top of the left hand crank very carefully where the anodizing is missing...i had a cracked set that had a micro crack all the way round the crank exactly there.

Back