LATEX TUBES!

kingroon":1u5isl11 said:
Can you still buy Latex tubes then? Wouldn't mind having a set..

Of course, I'll take a butyl with me on the ride to replace it when/if it flats rather than fanny around with patches :LOL:

some1 gave me some asda brand glueless patches on a ride recently & for the first time ever, glueless patches that actually work. just my recommendation for the day :)

I buy all my tubes in decathlon , £1.99 for a pair . cant go wrong really .

and they are not bad .

**ThreadExhumation**

Went into my LBS shop looking for V-brakes noodles, and spied this on the shelf.. Leighton [the LBS owner] takes delight in chastising me for my Retro Hunts and gave it me..

Now I have an authentic Green Valve Cap.. Rock on.. :cool:

Attachments

• verte_3.jpg
    verte_3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,282
  • verte_2.jpg
    verte_2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,282
  • verte_1.jpg
    verte_1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,282
cool :cool: always like the look of different colour plastic valve caps implying some fancy tubes - saw a touring bike (26" wheels) with yellow caps in this months Cycling Plus, am wondering what they are and where to get them!

kona kid":33qwo6yg said:
cool :cool: always like the look of different colour plastic valve caps implying some fancy tubes - saw a touring bike (26" wheels) with yellow caps in this months Cycling Plus, am wondering what they are and where to get them!

hutchinson have also done blue valve caps.

:LOL:

Kona Kid - you must be psycic!
These Air-Bs were like puncture magnets, and when they went, game over.

Couple of us tried them. Once.

I used Tioga superlights for years - good, 115g tubes. Can't find them anywhere now though, stopped being around a couple of years ago. Can't find any lightweight tubes now except the Contis at £7 a pop, and they are light!

I now just use standard specialized 'lightweight' butyl tubes, they're about 150g each pretty cheap (5 for £13 on wiggle at the mo) - although i did use my Air-B red caps on them for a bit until i lost them... :oops:

when my current set runout i'll be checking out scants multi-coloured recommendations! ta ;)

gump":a53z7fz0 said:
I used Tioga superlights for years - good, 115g tubes. Can't find them anywhere now though, stopped being around a couple of years ago. Can't find any lightweight tubes now except the Contis at £7 a pop, and they are light!

My LBS has Tiogas SuperLights too! Saw them on the shelf, must be two dozen of 'em! You want me to send you some?

Back