Cannondale Killer V

richardf

Retro Guru
Has been built up for the missus to use on the road - hence the slicks. It's a 1992 vintage Cannondale. Quite pleased with the build so far. Room for improvement - Pepperoni forks on their way over from Germany now and really it could do with some correct era stickers and mechs. Still the missus seems pleased with it and I can ride it too :)

Attachments

• P3070619.JPG
    P3070619.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,414
  • P3070620.JPG
    P3070620.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,414
  • P3070621.JPG
    P3070621.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 1,414
  • P3070622.JPG
    P3070622.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 1,414
Dale

Couldn't agree more Pickle, i nearly bought one of those BITD so many times, but they were always really pricey for what the spec was. I seem to remember nearly buing one in Chromulsion Purpleen in a sale, but it was still £750 with rigid forks and lowish group set!

Very good :) so you got a pair of peppers then?

Re: Dale

Wold Ranger":242k2pua said:
they were always really pricey for what the spec was.

Yup.

That was what stopped me BITD.

A bit like a BMW 316. You pay for the name, and get bugger all :LOL:

Well the theory was that the frame was better than the competition for the money and you upgraded as you went along

kaiser":1se45st7 said:
Very good :) so you got a pair of peppers then?

Yes, from the guy recommended on here over on ebay selling his old Cannondale. The forks are in the post now. My only concern is whether they really do have a 1" steerer and whether there will be enough thread on the steerer to fit this frame, as the peppers came from a bigger frame. I've had more thread cut into fork steerers before but it ain't a pleasant experience! :? Anyway, will post pics when they arrive and if they fit! (keeping fingers crossed!) :)

Back