The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought £100-150. However my 93 explosif only made £36 on ebay, sure it was a little scruffy but a ound frame. It then cost me a lot more to post than I had allowed for (sold to a retrobike member in the US) came to an agreement with the buyer to split the additional postage cost 50/50 and it left me with about enough for 2 pints down the local....not the best sale I have ever made & certainly not a lot to show for a classic frame.

Size & condition are key, if its a popular size (16-18") it will make its money. (mine was a 20")

Personally if I were you I would build it up...then buy your road bike later.

What's worth a whole Shimano 600 Arabesque group (so brakes, shifters, front and rear, headset, crank, brakes and levers)? Everything in Decent state, pulleys are still the first one's (and there are no ninja knives yet), chainring's plenty off life left,...

1995 TET Kona Hot

I just picked this up. I've been wanting one for years. It's in near-mint condition. It's in time-warp condition. The frame is perfect. The components are perfect.

The bike is absolutely bone-stock exactly as it came from Kona. I paid quite a bit for it but I had one of those what-the-heck moments and pulled the trigger.

I really really dig this bike. So really, what's it worth?

Attachments

• serial sm.jpg
    serial sm.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,569
  • left sm.jpg
    left sm.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,569
  • hot side sm.jpg
    hot side sm.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,569
Ritchey Z-Max WCS Red Soft Compound Tyres

got a set of these just the other week,thinking of getting rid of them to put more sensible slicks on instead as i only bang around town on the bike.
There is a bit of wear on them,but the sidewalls are perfect,no cracking or perishing,still a fair bit of tread left also.

ideas?

Re: 1995 TET Kona Hot

skwerl":2qchxnra said:
I just picked this up. I've been wanting one for years. It's in near-mint condition. It's in time-warp condition. The frame is perfect. The components are perfect.

The bike is absolutely bone-stock exactly as it came from Kona. I paid quite a bit for it but I had one of those what-the-heck moments and pulled the trigger.

Seen as you paid some money for it just recently it is worth exactly that at the moment.

Re: 1995 TET Kona Hot

FluffyChicken":2zn6mu2d said:
skwerl":2zn6mu2d said:

Seen as you paid some money for it just recently it is worth exactly that at the moment.

he probably wants to relieve himself of some buyer's remorse, or at least have confirmation that it was worth it.

skwerl, that is a beautiful kona, has the all important TET, and looks mint. I've seen Kona Hots go on ebay for anywhere from $350 to as much as $600. Some would say they are worth more, but it's really what the market dictates.

imho, if you are happy to own it, and don't plan on selling it, then you paid the right price for you. Condition is everything, and you found one in excellent condition. There are a couple of Kona experts on here, so if you make a thread for your bike in the reader' rides section, you'll get a lot more feedback than putting it in here- just don't ask what its worth.

Kore Wheels

Evening!! :cool:

I've just purchased this set of Kore wheels.
I've NEVER seen another set before so maybe somone can enlighten me on the age, and maybe even a rough value?

They're Kore everything; rims, hubs, the lot. Only have the cruddy ebay picture at the mo, will post a better one when they arrive.
Notice the interesting nipple/rim mounds. :?

!BUiCEw!BWk~$(KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlypo6BKN-yDbYpw~~_1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back