1991 GT Team Avalanche (1990!)

utahdog2003

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Frame/fork/stem/headset for now. Probably slathered with the ubiquitous Deore DX when all is said and done... :cool:

Last picture is how I got it. Only cleaned the sucker and stuck in a NOS XT headset...and a little goofy Tioga spacer that I've had kicking around for eons... :LOL:

Between this frame, my Yosemite, and the Lava Dome...I have quite a bit of 'bargain' steel in the collection! I blame you guys! :LOL: The plan here is to build up a period correct bike to actually hit the trails with. I considered building up a period cross country bike with the white EWR, but I like it too much as a single speed to break it down. This old girl should prove a nice balance between economy and pedigree. It's not a Psyclone, but then I won't freak out too bad if I screw the old beast up.

Attachments

• IMG_3593small.JPG
    IMG_3593small.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 2,142
  • IMG_3611small.JPG
    IMG_3611small.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 2,142
  • IMG_3615small.JPG
    IMG_3615small.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 2,142
Yeah, I'd say that was a 1990 too from the design of the decals.
Either way it's a good vintage for a GT.

jlk":15byg112 said:
Its not a 1991 team that, looks like a '90

drystonepaul":15byg112 said:
Yeah, I'd say that was a 1990 too from the design of the decals.
Either way it's a good vintage for a GT.

I'm not typically a GT man, so there's a learning curve here for me with the brand. I'll have to check out the old serial number and figure it out.

All I know is it has weird-shaped Prestige butted tubes, three triangles, splatter paint, matching stem and fork, and a u-brake. :LOL: :cool:

that paint strikes the awesome/awful balance with perfect precision. love it

lewis1641":2zvvl9ha said:
that paint strikes the awesome/awful balance with perfect precision. love it

:LOL: I feel the exact same way...the paint is so ugly it's awesome! :LOL:

I guess it is a 1990....Neat-o! Even older than I thought! :D

So like in the catalog...if the Avalanche was a Deore DX bike, and my Team has an XT u-brake, then I would assume that the Team Avalanche was XT?

GT gurus help a brother out! ;)

Attachments

• 1990.jpg
    1990.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 2,026
utahdog2003":3kuk5ym9 said:
So like in the catalog...if the Avalanche was a Deore DX bike, and my Team has an XT u-brake, then I would assume that the Team Avalanche was XT?

Certainly was fella! XT throughout :cool:

Dave.

Back