The Official MM 2009 Aftermath Thread

Great weekend.
Did anyone have any cakes from the Ledbury Farmers tent-just finishing the fruitcake-absolutely top bongo!

We had cake and ate it :D

The Pace won purely cos of the Steve Worland connection and the fact that it was famous (a MBUK feature article).

Suprised that won to be honest over the other more brightly exlusive coloured bikes (crowd pullers)

Everyone who came to the stand had a vote for the bike they liked the most.

Whats nice is that there must have been a fair few original mountain bikers there who recognised it.

Might be worth revealing the vote percentages of that open competition (if they still exist), as it's not our usual forum BoTM voters...??

Mr K

mrkawasaki":udgl4nng said:
Might be worth revealing the vote percentages of that open competition (if they still exist), as it's not our usual forum BoTM voters...??

Mr K

Good idea, would be interested to see that.

Hilts told me my Ritchey got 5 votes . i think the Pace had something like 20 votes .

jez-4-bikes-max":3ku6pdl2 said:
The Pace won purely cos of the Steve Worland connection and the fact that it was famous (a MBUK feature article).

A Retrobike competition being won by a bike because of its connection with MBUK is kind of funny.

It is a bloody nice bike though.

Anybody got a good snap of Jez getting presented with the trophy? Gus?

Not sure as the win can wholly be put down to the MBUK connection. Sure the bike also featured in MTB Pro :LOL: Regardless the RC-100 is an iconic bike and i'm sure a lot would recognise this. Maybe it garnered a lot of votes from some of the more old school riders (ie about 90 and before) where as the 'trick/mid 90s anno/neon overload' vote was split.

So, here are the results. Yet to be UN approved but they will do.

Pace 20
Aquafade Yo 15
Amp 14
Orange Clockwork 13
Klein 11
Salsa 9
Trimble 8
Burner Team 8
Breezer Storm 8
Yeti 7
Grello Yo 6
P21 5