Retro transport

This is mine - another Saab - should the be "RetroBikesandSaabs"?

ykcfwv.jpg

Now I've gone (properly) retro. Yesterday I bought a 1973 Citroen DS Pallas Hydraulique
somebody down the road has got one of the DS. One of the most beautiful cars ever to have been created.

Also that V4 Saab is fantastic - we wanted to have one of them as our wedding car but couldn't get hold of one... :cry:

Dad's got a frog green ID19 (earlier model to DS), I'll post pics same time as Grahame's.

Most beautiful car ... the E-type is an oft-cited contender, I rode alongside a (roofed) one the other day in a traffic jam and I almost bumped into other cars several times as I couldn't take my eyes off it. Just ... majestic.

wow love ds' proper retro that mate!! nice line up of rados youve had too! the black one is my 5th and is a keeper!

JS1500":39wdawax said:
Lovely.
Any bigger pics?
How's the waterbed suspension?
:cool:

In order - I'll get some bigger pictures the first sunny weekend day we get. I'll need somebody to host them before putting them up here, though (I don't yet have an online piccy gallery). Plus, the plan is for Sylvain and I to turn up at the ride on 24th in her.

The suspension is fantastic. Potholes and speedbumps just diasppear! I think a BMW Z4 might have "hurt itself" last night trying to follow me over a set of speedbumps in Catford. There were definitely sparks in the rear view mirror!

I'm never sea-sick on a boat or in a car, but the DS is the only car ever I didn't like sitting at the back of.

The sales pitch for the original 2CV is that you could carry in it a box of eggs through a rutted field without breaking one.

my latest retro ride :D
1967 Mercedes Heckflosse w110 (or Tailfin as you like..)
In daily drive and Northcape 2006 winter setting :!:

Attachments

• Noordkaap.jpg
    Noordkaap.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,930
  • heckflosse.jpg
    heckflosse.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,930

Latest posts

Back