Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holden's Bridgestone MB-Zip

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Elev12k's Serotta T-Max

• RichieB's 1986 Fisher Mt. Tam

• Total voters
Submitted my 1990 Bridgestone MB-0 for BOTM March (separate topic) ... I doubt there'd ever be a Bridgestone Month ...

jez-2-many-bikes":2gzwurb3 said:
Now that IS nice!

Oh, yes it is.

Picked it up only 2 days ago. Not visable on the pic, but the black is a black with superdust (tiny glitter particles) - very cool. I already made several adjustments. I added the ControlTech V's I got from Ed. I have never worked with brakes that easy to adjust. Great stuff. A red USE bar have been mounted to match the USE post nicely. Furthermore a Campa front mech and QRs came on to complement the RecordOR cranks and headset.

The ControlTech brakes are operated by carbon 9.0sl levers - very light! The 9s rear mech (1st 9s bike for me) is also of carbon. It is from the 9.0sl groupset too. Cranks are mounted on a Syncros Ti BB and held by crank o matic bolts. I am happy with that the Judy is still fresh. BUT icing on the cake is of course the frame made of MaxOR heavily ovalized (see the stays for example) tubing. Neatly made, very neatly made.

Hope to have more pics up soon.

Thanks Spikes ...but no, that are RecordOR cranks actually. What made you think they're not?

Melvin!!! It was looking a pretty even month till you threw that one in!

Super sexy. Somewhat more 'timeless' than the old fluoro too.

:D

Elev12k":3szrf6f4 said:
Thanks Spikes ...but no, that are RecordOR cranks actually. What made you think they're not?

Hate to say it but I'm with Spikes; those aren't Record OR. The giveaway is the Record OR driveside crankarm doesn't align with (edit: an opposing) spider arm; see the pic attached.

If the spider arms sit above the big ring though, its likely Icarus.
If the spider arms flush to the big ring, it could be Centaur, Euclid or Olympus; i don't know how to tell the difference for these.

Attachments

• campy_or_crank.jpg
    campy_or_crank.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 4,876
Elev12k":3bxqi6t2 said:
RecordOR cranks and headset.

You know, the headset isn't Record OR either ... :(

I believe Record OR had a thin plastic/rubber ring around the top and bottom cups, almost like the King WTB headset.

Yup: that's right. Record OR does have a black ring to cover the grease ports on the upper and lower cups. But don't feel bad about those cranks: Icarus is as beautiful as Record OR. Why don't you try to find a matching rear derailleur and shifters? They aren't very hard to find and will look stunning on that frame!

By the way: do you know this source?
http://www.tuttocampybici.com/catalogs.php
Check out the 1993 catalog!

;)

Back