Merlin Mountain #11450 - BUILD COMPLETED

Changed the stem to a IBIS titanium one and the skewers to Nuke Proof titaniums. The bike weighs now 10.18kg.

merlin_ti1.jpg

merlin_ti3.jpg

Love it.

If you look up "Proper Mountain Bike" in any dictionary it should say "see Merlin Mountain* "

*see also Merlin XLM

Think that must rank as your best build yet Kai.

Hubba hubba!

Do you actually use the Speedtraps, or are they just for show and removed when it's time to ride?

What did you end up doing with your carbon FSX forks? Did they go on one of your Spesh bikes?

BoyBurning":2igpibxq said:
Do you actually use the Speedtraps, or are they just for show and removed when it's time to ride?
?

the "spd" parts to make those clipless pedals arent installed. they're currently set up as flat pedals, which is a wiser choice.

BoyBurning":144u09sz said:
Think that must rank as your best build yet Kai.

Hubba hubba!

What did you end up doing with your carbon FSX forks? Did they go on one of your Spesh bikes?

Thanks for the compliments! I kinda like it too. :D

Like Mike noticed and commented, I've removed the 'SPD' functionality and the Graftons are set up as normal flat pedals.

At one time I had 4 FSX Carbon/Tis and 3 Judy FSXs. But I sold off all the others except this one, which is like new.
Only vintage Spesh I have is the BOTM winner Ultimate which uses the DirectDrive fork so I had no need for the FSXs anymore.
Maybe I should have kept one Carbon/Ti as well, since they're great looking forks.

Back