What was Your teen bike dream? Is the reality as good?

Ahhhh, was it a Summit? seem to remember that as the cro-mo E-stay Rocky, looking forward to the pictures :D

Stu

JS1500":2swb50n9 said:
Can you let me know when you're selling the Middleburns?
:D

Already got them lined up for another bike but if they ever do go up for sale you'll be the first to know :D

Stu

This thread is making me think...

I have a RC200F6. I wanted a RC200F1 BITD.

The Pace would have been XT with thumbies, purple Cooks cranks, Purple USE, RC-30's and Mavic 231cd's.

Bugger. Now I want one to that spec.

Oh well, better get saving! :LOL:

^^^ I'm going to build up the T as I would've had it backintheday, hence lots of purple.

Cheers Stu :cool:

:D
Never owned a set of Pace before (although always wanted some) and now i've gone and bought two pairs within a week...

...when I get the payment to you!

You will not be disapointed. Pace forks are the best I have ever used.
I am just a sucker for the handling of a rigid bike.

Agreed.... I'm staggered by how quickly time flies by. It felt like yesterday that I laid out half my student loan on a set of brand new Pace RC36 EVO's. Never serviced in 9 years, apart from the odd squirt of grease (check that your foks have the greaseport) once after every ride, love em. Can't help being a bit sad that DT have taken them over... :cry:

Don't worry, JS1500 has the grease gun (fully charged) and some RC7 grease in a pot coming to him with the forks.

great thread, but makes me think.

Back in the day, I think I was lucky enough to pretty much get what I wanted :oops:

Ended up with a real pimp ass Rocky Altitude. Mag 21, Ti-six, Graftons, M900, etc etc. Never really lusted after anything more. Sure, a ti bolt would have been nice, but had the option and decided not too.

Now I just get 'other' bikes that I only rode or never owned to see what they are like. Always fancied an A la Carte, but would not have swapped the Rocky for it. :D
Fats have always been cool though.

Back