COOLWALL: Were POWERGRIPS ever cool?

Were Powergrips cool?

• Yay! Got on with them brilliantly...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not really experienced them/have no opinion on the matter

• Stupid elasticated strappy things that gave me foot cramp...

• Total voters
i always thought that they looked cool, esp being on purple and Konas and all, but never used them or knew anyone who did - always thought that they were still basically toeclips, and ultimately SPDs where what you wanted

(above is a bit confused as i'm voting middle ground :roll: )

One of my buds still using them.??? As with toe clips, one could where hiking boots in the real cold with them. I use Lake MXZs with my SPDs now.

Thunderchild

Fantastic. I personally found they work better than normal toe clips in mud as they are always open for your feet and have no moving parts like normal straps and clips (I've never had a pair stay flat or not 'loop up') and they hold all shoes tight. Obviously they are not as good as spds and that's why everyone uses them now, but if you want a great set of commuter/canalpath/pub bike straps these are the thing as you don't need special shoes. And as was said above, you can use them with any shoes, wellies, hiking boots or trainers (just not flip flops as that hurts - I know).

Use them on my Roberts with a pair of Campag Record Superleggeri pedals (oo, get me)

Remember them!? I use them daily on my SS commuter!

Not really a performance oriented product, but they work well and allow you to get where you're going in your street shoes without taking the toll on your footwear that a strap/clip combo tends to. I think they are a great option for your commuter!

Only found out they existed after I'd owned spds for a year, and thus they've always looked rather pointless...

My Ex Brother-in-Law had some.... he fell off a lot!

Soon switched to SPDs...... he still fell off a lot!

Oh how we laughed :D

there a bit before my time but look ok (not) where could i get a set coughyeahrightlikeidbeseendeadwiththemonmybikecough :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: lol

Latest posts

Back