My very 1st Mountian bike re-build.

Awkward Kid

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My 1st ever mountain bike! I wanted this so so much it hurt as an early teenager! This was bought in the chritmas of 92. Its orginal spec was full exiage. Bonti rims and finishing kit (seat, post, bars and stem) Really random forks which i snapped on my 1st XC Mtb race at Sherwood pines in Feb 93 and Panaracer Dart 2.1 up front and Smoke 1.9 rear. This frame has seen some real hammer and covered 1000's of miles! I was lucky enough that whilst digging around in a junk cupboard (in my old family home) at the bottom is what seemed to be a head tube... could it be? Twas at that moment the pheonix had risen from the flames (tha knowz)! Would love to restore back to when i got her but she has changed with time. In her final build she had Panaracer Magics, Rockshox Mag 21's full LX and Pauls cantis. I rode her for 6yrs or more before buying a yellow Zaskar. So what to build? Well its credit crunch Britain and i've been d~#ked out of my bonus! So needs must i wanna get on with it so. Wheels, Dave H... cheers bud! Forks came to me for... wait for it... £25! They are almost mint! Rest has come out of my parts bin! Maguras, syncros stem, Xlite XC ano red rise bars, NOS Wildgrippers green or IRC shown in pic? I've some XT hollowtech cranks to pop on with Middleburn rings. Some Sram Xrays on its way (thanks 'theboy') and i'm looking for a Sram rear&front mech and a seat post (USE perhaps?). May change the stem? If anyone can help please get in touch! I had considered a respray but want to keep it as is! As i remember! So does anyone know what frame it is? It was reviewed in MTB Pro in May 92? Think it went against a Tufftrax, Alpinestars and a GT?

Attachments

• DSC04015.JPG
    DSC04015.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 822
  • DSC04014.JPG
    DSC04014.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 822
  • DSC04013.JPG
    DSC04013.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 822
  • DSC04012.JPG
    DSC04012.JPG