Retro transport

The 'Ginetta' is a replica of a 1958 Porsche 718RSK based on VW chassis and running gear.
I just noticed you can see the AS in the reflection of the Splitty. :D

I'm in Brenchley just outside Paddock Wood, pretty much the middle of nowhere.

Are you a Bedgebury regular ?

Are you a Bedgebury regular ?

No I'm embarassed to say that I've hardly ridden in the last couple of years, fancied a go at motorbikes after seeing trail riders out in the Peaks and then got into racing Enduro about 5 or 6 years ago so my cycling has declined since then. But, I've arranged a weekend to the Peaks in March which has re awakened my enthusiasm, also need to get fit because I've committed to passenger all of the ACU Sidecar Enduro Championship rounds this year. I'll load a picture of the outfit when I'm back at work next week.

Is Bedgebury good? It's about an hour from me. We used to ride in Thetford a lot, my brother did his industrial year of his degree at Lotus and we used to ride with some of the Lotus development guys.

Cheers

Barry

Barry

Bedgebury has been a mud pit best avoided over the last couple of months by all accounts, it was bad in october so will only have deteriorated since then. Will be giving it another go soon and hoping the conditions have improved.

yup im a retro nut this is my mk golf gti absolutely mint but unfotunately sold last week!
mk1Custom.jpg

but all not lost i have this corrado show car that is my pride and joy!
musicmanspic.jpg

daily drive isnt retro though its a dc hilux rolling on 20's perfect for bike trasportation though!!

^^^ Nice Corrado that, but the MK1 takes it for me!

You've gotta love the Guigiaro styling - tornado red always looks great too. :cool:

I've owned 3 Corrados:

A '91 RHD G60 which was traded in for

A '92 VR6 (red badged version) which I rolled into a field :oops: when I got a bit ambitious round some lovely S bends south of Harrogate one icy morning. I was glad I'd paid the £10 to protect my no claims bonus 'cos I could (just) afford to replace it with

A '94 VR6 (the chrome badged version) which was my daily drive for the next 3 years. Lovely drive and solid - I walked away from the roll (actually 3 1/2 rolls) with a cut on 1 finger and a slightly stiff neck!

Now I've gone (properly) retro. Yesterday I bought a 1973 Citroen DS Pallas Hydraulique :D

Unfortunately, I don't have an online photo gallery, but Sylvain has some pictures of it, so maybe he'll put them up.

I love Corrados too. My grandad used to have its ancestor a Mk I Scirocco in orange, and in my kids eyes it was a proper sports car. I remember the first time we got to 180 (km/h) in it - my grandmother was imploring him to slow down :LOL:

Grahame, sorry I didn't think to check here before leaving wurk, and I don't have the pics here to put them on imageshack or photobucket. Plus I have to go to a certain committee meeting ...

Latest posts

Back