A few bits

ape

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Right got a couple of bits for sale nothing too exciting but thought I'd offer em on here for a bit before sticking em on ebay if I get no interest, no idea on what they are worth so make me offers, I'f I had a clue on how much they were I'd put a price, will put pics up shortly but here's the small list for now:

Onza HO brakes (think thats what they were called), only 1 set and a few bits missing off em e.g. the stradle cable, springs and ine of the washers would probably be best as spares or to build another incomplete set up.

Deore LX front mech needs the pinch bolt thing for the cable though as this is missing, don't know what age but I know its old as the groupset it came with were with lx caged pedals and lx crank whith biopace rings so around that era just the mech for sale though.

1" threaded headset, not sure what type came on my cannondale m400, its a slightly strange design though, silver in colour and in honsety probably the best threaded headset I've used.

1" threaded steel forks from cannondale M400 yet again not sure of age on these but was the one that came with black to metalic green fade forks are same colour came of a 16" frame so steerer tube isn't really long got usual scratches ect and thats it for the minute, any questions and I'll try and answer em as best I can.

Hi

The headset, if it's still good how much do you want. I've just built a Cannondale M400 up for my son but the headset I have is too high in the stack height.

Do you have pics of both the headset and the forks, I have another bike the forks might fit, How much do they weigh and what would you want for them??

Many thanks

Yeah headset is still fine mate, no idea how much the forks weigh, they are the steel ones though so I'd imagine there not the lightest you can get but would be spot on for another cannondale m400 build, price I've absolutely no idea mate thats why I've put open to offers cause I've not got a clue. Don't think they're worth loads though, I'll get some pics up shortly. Cheers

Here are some pics of bits for sale. More available on request.

DSC00457small.jpg

DSC00461small.jpg

DSC00466small.jpg

DSC00470small.jpg

DSC00473small-1.jpg

DSC00477small.jpg

Hi ape,

Could you take a close look at the clamps on the HOs and see if they are cracked by the bolt on the pad adjuster clamp. If not, could you drop me a pm please.

Cheers..

No cracks matey, didn't use em loads as I put em on my RTS when I got em from new but because of the way the seat stays are on a rts my feet kept catching them every so often unclipping the stradle cable and making them not work lol, sent you a pm anyway gump.

a bit of topic, but can you tell me the type of mech (inside cage) so I can use it for my website.
It should be like: FD-M5....... something.
And there is a two letter stamp in it, so you can see how old it is. But that is just if you want to know.
There are shimano schedules for it.
Good luck on sales.

Its got printed inside FD-M550 shimano via Japan then underneath 2 letters just sayin 0J don't know if that helps or makes any sense to you.

Thanks! :)
OJ means that Mr Simspson made it.
No OJ means: Made in October 1990.
There is a table for it, for it if you want to know the date when the part it made.
FD: is front derailleur
M: mountainbike group.
5: LX group.
5: serie from group.
0: modified type/set.

Latest posts

Back