john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Boom!

timwestwood.jpg

It's going to be blasting off big! Sorry, enough of the Westwood / Big Dog references.

August 15th sees the return of the fantastic singletrack trails of Stanmer Park in the shape of a fresh and new 6 hour enduro for solos and teams: It’s called: “The Brighton Big Dog.”The event offers a dedicated pre-95 retro-category sponsored by Retrobike and a pre race retrobike show - winner takes the Retrobike BigDog Trophy home!

More details here > http://www.brightonbigdog.com/

Hopefully see a load of you down there. More to follow after MM I'm sure :D

Looks good!

Anybody fancy pairing up with me?

I'm skinny (but fat), bearded, very wheezy, and haven't ridden a bike off road (or indeed on road) since 1995.

However, aside from the above merits I build a killer bike (just ask Mr K) and would surely have something suitably pre-95 built in time for August.

Go on then, I'll call your bluff - I want to see this with my own weary eyes... ;-)

Lend you a bike too, if you don't quite make it!

Mr K

Nice one!

Consider yourself buddied-up!

Bollox.

Didn't think anyone would actually call me up on this.

Will have to build a bike now rather than just collecting bits.

You ok to tow me Neil?

I'm booked up already...

so will there be a retrobike camp, and people and beer and stuff :shock: :LOL:

looking forward to it now, yeah I'd be up for camping... definately saturday night

John

Let's capture the post-MM euphoria and sort out some teams - suggest we have a few two man combos to start with:

Confirmed - Mr K and BoyBurning

Howabout BoyOBoy and Klein Mad Chris - both expressed a view to doing this event...

I think we need to have 4 teams to form a quorum/have a tented village etc. So, anyone else up for it? If so, post here ASAP...

Remember, we've a duty to represent Retrobike as we're a sponsor and are judging the Retrobike show too!

Mr K

PS. Mrs K and I will be taking advantage of Brighton hotels (especially as the after party would appear to be in town) but I'll probably pitch a tent on the Friday for the BBQ/race changing etc. Mrs K will be in town with the credit card, methinks...

I'll camp, probably not enter into a team though. Haven't really ridden fast for over 10 years. Will probably trundle round on a OnderDog lap or two though.

To create tent city, we'll have to all book the same campsite.
The organisors recommended one that they normally use but it's 8 miles away. Haven't checked out prices, Haven't spotted anything else closer on a map either.

Um..
Wasn't there a "No camping on site" rule? Just thinking about your bbq/race change plan...

Point noted. Let's see who's going - then I can liaise with the organisers re. something official for the Retrobike presence.

Mr K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back