The Official MM 2009 Aftermath Thread

Looked like a cracking weekend guys,

cheers for the stories and photos for those that didn't/couldn't attend...feel like I was there :)

Rich

Rich":3bvufurm said:
Looked like a cracking weekend guys,

cheers for the stories and photos for those that didn't/couldn't attend...feel like I was there :)

Rich
There's always NEXT year ;)

Ladies and Gents,

phew, what a great weekend. Big thanks to everyone who made it over to Mayhem this year, team riders, soloist, supporters, stand helpers, bike providers, supporters, van drivers and photogrpahers. Without a doubt this was our biggest and best year yet.

A few random highlights

* Superstrong taking attacking the first lap on the '85 Overbury's aka 'The Brown Bullet' in full 'Sabotage' style.
* The weather. Almost dry!
* The all round love and respect for the old school. The stand was packed all day every day. Had reports back from riders there were a lot of good comments out on the course - even had a lot of support during my one and only lap at 5am on Sunday.
* The bikes. The stand was chokka block with quality metal, the standard was off the scale this year. Most people were riding retro whilst racing too. Nice one!
* The friendly rivalry between the teams. What's the betting MrKs team take a beautiful victory once again ;-)
* Friday night BBQ(s).
* Catching Nobby on a downhill early Sunday morning - because he was sat having a rest. Busted ;-)
* Big Ed riding solo. There's a man with mental fortitude.
* Did I mention the weather? It only rained a bit.
* Heathy's questionable stories from Prague. And the fact he didn't bust himself up, good work.
* The support/heckling given to other riders. Maybe the heckling tent is ready for a comeback next year.
* Seeing AC rule the Fat Tenth round the MM course. Garage queens

Bring on next year!

few pics from the weekend.

Didn't take nearly as many as I had hoped.

Attachments

• nobby1.jpg
    nobby1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,770
  • GR2.jpg
    GR2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,769
  • GR1.jpg
    GR1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,764
  • Medals.jpg
    Medals.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,757
having a nightmare with uploading... :roll:

Attachments

• Hands.jpg
    Hands.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,755
  • Sinnett.jpg
    Sinnett.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,754
  • Kev.jpg
    Kev.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,753
  • Jeffy.jpg
    Jeffy.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,752
this has got to be the best piccie on retro bike ive ever seen ..

Attachments

• jeffy_846.jpg
    jeffy_846.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,740
Back