kona swap

aljsk8

Dirt Disciple
i have just bought a 1997 kona fire mountain frame - problem is its a little to big - not to big to ride just looks too big - i like the whole smaller frame with lots of seatpost showing

im looking to swap for a smaller size kona frame - will swap or buy for 30 - 40 pounds and sell mine seperatly

the one i have is 16.5 from bb to top of top tube and 19 inch to top of seat clamp

im looking for one at least 1 inch smaller but no more than 2 inches smaller

it can be any steel kona from 1993 to 1998

mine is a little chipped and scratched all over but id take one in much worse condition as long as there are no dents or structural damage

let me know if anyone wants to do the swap

Alex

I might be interested - I have a fairly mint 96 14" ( I think) Fire mountain, I'm 6 foot & able to ride it - just! - Send me some pics of urs so I can ascertain condition.

Where abouts are you?

cheers

Martin.

hi - im in wigan so it would be a postage job too

when you say 14 inches - where is that measurement from?

(14 sounds a bit small)

mines not mint - there are quite a few chips and scratches but i cleaned it up when i got it and the bb threads are fine and theres no dents

im not sure how to post photos so if you send your email address to me ill send you a photo

could you send one in return

email is - aljsk8@hotmail.com

Yeh, I'll send a pic when I get home. Mines pretty much mint, it has all orig parts inc tyres!

I bought it for the ex to use & the current lady isn't interested in biking at all.

If your close to 6 foot then forget it but can be built into a surprisingly accommodating frame.

email addy - martin.draper@atkinsglobal.com

cheers

Martin.

i see you mensioned parts - im only talking about the frame. i think it sounds a bit small but photos will confirm

im 5ft 10"

ill send photo tonight when i get home

Alex

Yeh, I was just mentioning parts - I'm only after swapping frames in order to make it a serviceable bike for me to use.

I dont konw where the measurement is taken from but Kona call it a 14" frame

Will send a pic this eve,

regards

Martin.

Martin, if the swap doesn't go ahead would you be willing to sell the bike as is? I may know someone who'd be interested, depending on price, etc...

Hi,

Yeh I'd interested - I've just found a pretty crumby pic of it on my work pc - will send to you both & see what happens

Everything is original, bar front brake lever & brake but I have these in my tool box ready to put back on...

cheers

Martin

Martin

GradeA has passed the pic to me - she is lovely! Am finding it so difficult to find decent girlie sized bikes, especially original ones! If the swap doesnt go ahead please let me know....

Cheers!!

blimy - this starts off as me wanting a swap and turns into everyone wanting his bike! - what about people wanting to swap!

Back